FANDOM

• KyleH

MediaWiki 1.15.1 upgrade

August 24, 2009 by KyleH

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that we will be upgrading most of Wikia to MediaWiki 1.15.1 on Wednesday morning. Most users shouldn't see any significant changes with this upgrade, as most of the changes are bug-fixes or tweaks to existing features. You can view a full list of all of the changes here.

On Wednesday, August 26th, we plan to roll out MediaWiki 1.15.1 to every wiki on Wikia except for the following wikis, which will instead be upgraded to the new version on Monday, August 31st:

• answers.wikia.com
    • aoc.wikia.com
    • fallout.wikia.com
    • gta.wikia.com
    • guildwars.wikia.com
    • lostpedia.wikia.com
    • naruto.wikia.com
    • runescape.wikia.com
    • starwars.wikia.com
    • starcraft.wikia.com
    • tibia.wikia.com
    • unanswers.wikia.com
    • uncyclopedia.wi…
    Read more >
  • KyleH

Summer 2009 Update

August 19, 2009 by KyleH

Hi everyone! We're now more than half-way through summer, so I want to give you an update on everything Wikia has been working on lately and what we have coming up over the next few months. You can check out our last update here.

In July, Wikia had over 19,000 active editors, 1.3 million total edits and has accumulated a total of 2.6 million content article pages in 180 languages. Wikianswers has also seen tremendous growth, with over 50,000 answered questions on everything from Fallout 3 to health. This growth, combined with recent ad experiments, has brought us closer to being a sustainable business (where ad revenues exceed the cost of operating 40,000+ wikis), and we hope to continue to close the gap the rest of the year.

For the pa…

Read more >
  • Lungman4

Lungman4

August 18, 2009 by Lungman4

hello, my name is lungman4 and i also have contact of the jagex council

Read more >
  • Robert Treat

New blog

August 12, 2009 by Robert Treat

Just made a slight change to my profile--Robert Treat 23:53, 12 August 2009 (UTC).

Read more >
  • Crucially

Due the to datacenter outage last week our ISP is going to be conducting some maintenance for "network improvements, systems testing, and network failover testing". For us that means we will be rerouting traffic from Iowa to our London and our San Jose datacenters between 11 PM CST to 2 AM CST (4 AM GMT to 7 AM GMT) tonight (Monday 10th - Tuesday 11th). For users there should be no downtime though pages might load a little bit slower. The one exception is the wiki dumps that are hosted in Iowa and will be intermittently unavailable.

Want to receive updates on the latest Staff blog posts? Then click here to follow this blog.

Read more >
  • Crucially

Iowa datacenter outage

August 7, 2009 by Crucially

I figured I would try and start writing a bit on how the internal systems at Wikia works, what we do to make it work, and what happens every time it fails and why.

Wikia has currently 4 datacenters, San Jose (SJC), Iowa (IO), New Jersey (NJC) and London (LON). Of these, San Jose, Iowa and London are actively serving traffic. San Jose is our primary datacenter and Iowa is our backup datacenter with London serving as a cache node only. Iowa also serves double duty as a cache node when it is not actively serving traffic. We also use a CDN (CDNetworks) to host images.

The traffic is set up so you get the closest datacenter most of the time, so if you are in the middle or east coast US you end up going to Iowa.

Yesterday our datacenter in Iowa (ba…

Read more >
  • Eleventhdr

What If!:

July 14, 2009 by Eleventhdr

a blog about multiply doctor who fan fiction short trips mulitply doctor who fan fiction all doctors and then some: i wan to do doctor who fan fiction multiply doctor who short trips style doctor who! anyone so interested please do contact me via my email:

jleslie492@hotmail.com

Read more >
  • SirShade113

Does anybody know where i can find the light armors glass, elven or mithril?

Read more >
  • Bzero

"I have been blogging!"

July 10, 2009 by Bzero

Hm. This might actually be pretty useful for my wiki. I help run a multiplayer online text-based roleplaying MUX, and I plan to try using the blogging feature to archive our In-Character posts for future reference. They've been several times I've wanted off-MUX access to these posts, or on-MUX access once they're gone from our MUX database, so this will be a great chance to keep them where they can be edited and linked to and from the applicable pages. Kudos!

-- Bzero, Transformers Universe MUX Wiki

Read more >
  • Jamessungjin.kim

I am happy to see a blog in Wikia systems. I have dreamed to write blog articles here when I started to be an author of Wikipedia. I'll write my blog news here as frequent as possible.

Read more >
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.