FANDOM

• Dopp

A Tour of Special Pages

March 29, 2011 by Dopp

Have you ever wondered how some editors find content quickly, track down obscure details with ease, and always know what to work on next? Well, it's not a secret super power. It's just Special Pages.

Special Pages is a collection of useful lists and tools that can help you better manage a wiki. To find this collection, just go to [yourwikiname].wikia.com/wiki/Special:SpecialPages. You may also want to add a shortcut to Special Pages on your toolbar (which is the useful strip of links at the bottom of your screen). Just click the toolbar's "Customize" link, search for the "Special Pages" tool, select it, and Save.

Depending on what kind of user you are, you may see different links on this page. Logged-in users see more than logged-out users, an…

Read more >
  • Dopp

Here are the latest technical updates at Wikia. Keep in mind that our system updates happen every Wednesday, so we’re posting this on a Tuesday to give you advance notice. Also note that we change hundreds of tiny details every week, so these are just the highlights.

• Going forward, all new English wiki will have Page Layout Builder enabled, and new entertainment wikis will have some starter layouts in the system. (Note: this change may go live today.)

• When leaving a message on a Talk page, the “Subject/Headline” field now appears above the message, rather than below it. (Fix is already live.)
    • Page errors were displaying in IE9.
    • Image placeholders stopped allowing users to upload new images.
    • The TabView feature was causing system performance iss…

Read more >
  • Fandyllic
    Updated on December 13, 2012.

• If the subject of your wiki has an official site with forums, you can link to your wiki to answer questions asked about the subject.
      • Use the same username on sites where you comment about your topic as your Wikia username.
      • Link to the best pages on your wiki when talking about your topic on other sites, but only to provide more info on something topic relevant and not as obvious advertising.
    • Add a link to your wiki in shared navigation templates on Community central. Here are some examples:
      • Template:ABCWikis - ABC network show wikis
      • Template:CNFooter - Cartoon Network show wikis
      • Template:Tabletop_RPG_wikis - Tabletop RPG wikis
      • Template:Wikia_Gaming_Footer - Well known video game wikis (make sure to read the talk page…

Read more >
  • Record keeper

Alright, here goes nothing. First off, Archive wiki was taken so I had to name it The Great Archive wiki. Anyway onto the point. I had this great idea, what about a wiki that's pages are solely about the users? So I checked that there was not one already made, and then made one. The articles are all about wikia users and their contributions. The thing is though, I can't make articles on users that I hardly know! Other than doing some research and get base points down, I can't really add much to people I don't even know. Like famous contributions. So I'm posting this blog on multiple wikis in the hopes that some users will answer my call and join me in making a wiki dedicated to the users of wikia. If you do decide to join, let everybody els…

Read more >
  • Jada Johnson

Left 4 dead 2

March 28, 2011 by Jada Johnson

If u like or love left 4 dead 2 more then I do your in the right place

Read more >
  • Kacj321

Help

March 27, 2011 by Kacj321

Hey I want to know how to create a transparent blackground like the Fable Wikia.

Thanks

Jack

Read more >
  • Brainulator9

You don't care. Comments off. >:p

Read more >
  • Potterthesith

potterthesith

March 27, 2011 by Potterthesith

Hello Tamim ,Arnika,Summaya !

)lol

My names Bilal S man

WELCOME TO MY PAGE BUDDS!

Read more >
  • PATRICIA CARY

web address

March 26, 2011 by PATRICIA CARY

How do I under line a web address in wikia?

Read more >
  • John Avery Whitaker

Help

March 26, 2011 by John Avery Whitaker

I just created a wiki and i had no idea it was so stressful. SOSJohn Avery Whitaker 18:57, March 26, 2011 (UTC)

Read more >