Community Central
Community Central

Sarah Manley Sarah Manley 12 August 2010

Lostpedia giveaway

LOST may be over, but that doesn't mean the fun is! Even if you aren't a dedicated Lostpedian yet, it's not too late to get involved. Lostpedia has been a part of Wikia since December 2008, and has built up over 6,000 articles and 25,000 users -- all dedicated to chronicling the 6 seasons of the major TV hit LOST.

To celebrate this great wiki and the end of the show, we are currently hosting a giveaway where you can win a copy of LOST: The Complete Sixth Season on Blu-Ray and DVD. All you have to do is log into Wikia, visit the entry page and leave a comment telling us what you thought about the show's finale or Season 6. Comments automatically enter you to win.

The entry comments must be on the LOST giveaway page; those contributed here wi…

Read Full Post
Susanolivia Susanolivia 18 August 2010

Become a Wikia beta tester

Apply Here

We've been taking you along with us on our journey towards an improved Wikia and we've come a long way from the first rough sketches to a working prototype. Now it's your turn to take it for a spin!

As a part of the process to pull in as much concentrated feedback as possible we will be conducting two phases of beta testing. The first phase will be a limited beta, which we're inviting you to apply to participate in now. We’ll follow that up with an open public beta in which everyone will be able to participate.

In the first phase, we're looking for a sample group that will represent all Wikians from power editors with thousands of edits to unregistered users, readers and new users. In order to get an accurate cross-section of ever…

Read Full Post
KrakenKing KrakenKing 9 August 2010

Megaman Fan fiction wiki now open for buisness

make your own Megaman charecters from any series Original, Zero, ZX, Legends, X, NT battles, and Starforce.

Read Full Post
Blueclaw* Blueclaw* 7 August 2010

Hello!

I'm new here. Well sorta... I hope i can get known on the Wikis!

Read Full Post
Sprinklemist Sprinklemist 7 August 2010

Question About Photos

I heard a while ago that there is a rule against using real life photos on the wiki, dealing with privacy. I've noticed that several members of wiki staff have photos of themselves as avatars, so I was wondering if it was okay for average users to do the same. Also, I wondered if it mattered if the user was under eighteen years of age. Thanks to anyone who can provide an answer.

Read Full Post
Sarah Manley Sarah Manley 18 August 2010

A new serving of servers

It's been a busy summer here at Wikia. Over the past 30 days, we've had over 900,000,000 pageviews across the entire site! That's a whole lot of people visiting to see the fantastic content you've created. The next goal... one billion pageviews!

To keep up with this amazing amount of traffic, we have moved in to a new data center in Germany. We now have servers in 4 centers: San Jose, Iowa, London and Frankfurt. The latest server is hosted at Interxion and we are now a member of DE-CIX, a German Internet Exchange. This will be handling all Eastern and Central European traffic, so our European users will see faster loading times across all of Wikia.

As well as the new German server, we are also going to be adding new servers in the U.S. These…

Read Full Post
Iyaz472 Iyaz472 6 August 2010

hello

I'm new, I'm called Iyaz472, I'm just introducing myself to Wikia!

remember to get stuck on replay

Read Full Post
Happypeter Happypeter 5 August 2010

MY FIRST BOLG

No many people are doing bloging here, bad, bad, you know when you do some web posting, you always wish you can be in a vivid community, and you can get feedbacks from people soon.

Leave a comment, plz

Tell me do you want to do blogging here, thanks

Read Full Post
TheAcrisus TheAcrisus 5 August 2010

A Cameos Wiki?

Hey :)

Just a question... what if we developed a cameos wiki?

For stuff like easter eggs and stuff in games and movies?

I know it'd probably take a lot of work, and stuff, but why not?

There are always people out there who love finding easter eggs, right?

You know, I'm just putting it out there... :P

TheAcrisus

Read Full Post
Teeter1 Teeter1 4 August 2010

help

can u help me plz?Teeter1 00:20, August 4, 2010 (UTC)

Read Full Post