Community Central
Register
Community Central
(New page: ===Why are you changing Wikia?=== It’s time for an upgrade! We want to give Wikia an up-to-date look that will enhance every wiki and encourage new users to join the site. ===When will…)

No edit summary
Line 16: Line 16:

===How can I be involved in the testing?===

===How can I be involved in the testing?===

We are still taking [http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wikiabeta applications] for the Beta program. Please let us know if you are interested in helping with this.

We are still taking [http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/wikiabeta applications] for the Beta program. Please let us know if you are interested in helping with this.
  +
  +
===When you say you will keep Monaco for a limited time, how long will that be? Some users may not like it and may want to revert back.===

Revision as of 16:32, 17 August 2010

Why are you changing Wikia?

It’s time for an upgrade! We want to give Wikia an up-to-date look that will enhance every wiki and encourage new users to join the site.

When will the new design be ready?

We have a ways to go yet. We are about to begin the first stage of beta testing, and will be working on the design as we start to see the results of that. Then it will be time for a staged roll-out across Wikia. Check the blog for the latest information.

Can I keep my color scheme?

Yes. The new design will be fully customizable and it will be even easier to create the look you love on your wiki. We are also creating a bunch of fun new pre-set themes from which you can choose.

Is the new design going to be mandatory?

Yes. The new look will be the default for Wikia. We will continue to support Monaco as a personal choice for a limited time while people move to the new version.

What about Vector?

Vector is Wikipedia’s default skin, and as we’re not them, we won’t be using Vector on Wikia.

How can I be involved in the testing?

We are still taking applications for the Beta program. Please let us know if you are interested in helping with this.

When you say you will keep Monaco for a limited time, how long will that be? Some users may not like it and may want to revert back.