Community Central
Community Central
(Created page with "<div class="forumheader">Adoption requests '''→''' {{PAGENAME}}</div> '''Please ''link'' to your username: ''' '''[https://scp.fandom.com/wiki/User:Px...")

No edit summary
Line 37: Line 37:

[[User:Pxdnbluesoul|Pxdnbluesoul]] ([[User talk:Pxdnbluesoul|talk]]) 02:45, May 24, 2020 (UTC)

[[User:Pxdnbluesoul|Pxdnbluesoul]] ([[User talk:Pxdnbluesoul|talk]]) 02:45, May 24, 2020 (UTC)
  +
  +
{{AdoptionResponse/1weekandactiveusers}}{{:User:Carpe Universum/LocalSignature}}[https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Adoption:SCP_Wiki?action=history <span style="color:#2c3e50">&nbsp;&nbsp;02:51,&nbsp;24&nbsp;May&nbsp;2020</span>]<span style="display:none">&nbsp;]</span><span style="display:none">&nbsp;|&nbsp;</span></span></div>

[[Category:Other adoption requests|{{PAGENAME}}]]

[[Category:Other adoption requests|{{PAGENAME}}]]

Revision as of 02:51, 24 May 2020

Adoption requests SCP Wiki

Please link to your username:

Link

Please link to the wiki here:

Link

How many edits have you made on that wiki?

Three, more to come as more copyrighted images are found and removed.

Have you edited there each day for the past seven days?

Not yet, but there is some reasoning to the request just the same.

How many days/months have you been editing there?

A day.

On the wiki you wish to adopt, please go to Special:ListAdmins. Then, list here the last time an admin edited and who it was.

There are no edits listed at all. Link. A comment was found here indicating the wiki was created around 2009 and immediately abandoned by the sole admin.

Any other information:

Hello, I am staff on the more canonical SCP Wiki found at scp-wiki.net . We have about 12,000 articles and about 75,000 users there, with a fully dedicated staff of about 80 people for the wiki and another couple dozen for our chat community on IRC. We only recently found out about the existence of this wiki and would like to administer it both for quality control and to handle the removal of copyrighted images, of which I've already done so on a couple of pages. This would be a joint effort of our Internet Outreach team to run the wiki proper and our Licensing team to handle non-compliant media. What we're brainstorming is to have the wiki serve as a place for meta-commentary about articles on the canonical wiki, and to test some ideas on user-collected lists of articles. To keep the overall quality of the wiki high we would be deleting any works that were not on the original wiki, basically removing fanfiction.

We have a Wikia admin for the Fallout Wiki on staff who has offered to help us get up and running with the differences in bureaucrat levels versus our bespoke system on Wikidot.

If you would like some verification for this request as coming from staff at scp-wiki.net please let me know and I will arrange to send you a message from a privileged account there.

I will be continuing to make edits to remove copyrighted images as they threaten both your team and ours, but I am not comfortable trying to impose standards or deletions on a wiki that we do not have any particular claim on.

Thanks for your time.

Pxdnbluesoul (talk) 02:45, May 24, 2020 (UTC)

Unofficial response (Please wait for an official response by Fandom Staff):

Hi! To adopt a wiki, you should be contributing to the content pages every day for about a week, including creating at least one new article (excluding stubs, redirects, or non-main namespace). Don't forget to keep editing while your request is processed, since adoptions are based on your current contribution history. Also, there are other users active on the wiki, so you should create a blog or discussion post over there letting them know you'd like to adopt the wiki. Allow at one least week for a response to your blog/discussion post. Please wait for further instructions by a Staff/Wiki Team member. Thanks!
p  02:51, 24 May 2020 ] |