Community Central
Community Central
Adoption requests Dofus Wiki (dofuswiki)

What is your username? Kwismaskiller

Please link to the wiki here: Dofus Wiki

How many edits have you made on that wiki? 2,118

How many days/months have you been editing there? As a registered user, five months. Unofficially, for several years.

On the Special Pages → Special:ListAdmins when was the last time an admin edited, and who was it? There are technically three active administrators now, though only one is active, Gravestorm (the only bureaucrat, but who is on like once a month, and who never responds to messages), Saiftey (who is on about once a month), and Keij (the only active admin, but one who chooses not to listen to others, and who mostly makes tiny contributions... see below). Therefore, I would like to be made bureaucrat for the wiki.

Any other information: I do not fault Keij, as he has contributed a lot over the years. However, most of his recent work has been related to irrationally changing all page names to lower-case, a topic that caused him to undo some of my stylistic changes in revenge after I confronted him on how this was not only a waste, but against accepted naming conventions. Further, neither he nor the other two semi-active admins, has done anything to update the look or style of the site, nor has paid attention to the many out-of-date pages, at least not until I began to do such.

Dofus is not a very popular game, and some say it may indeed be dying. However, I think that one key to improving its fortunes is to better the wiki, as this is one of the first things about the game that new players see. Further, I have been adding links to related wiki sites and others, so as to improve the SEO. You can find more about this in my blog posts. In short, I have big plans for the Dofus wiki, but I cannot realize them with having the rights to not be gainsaid by somebody who puts his pride and emotion before the needed task.

I promise not to ban any existing admin, nor to undo any changes without good reason, the naming convention being one that will be necessary though.

I thank you for your consideration.

BTW The real me can be seen here: englishjack.wordpress.com

Hello. There are multiple active bureaucrats, so the wiki is not eligible for adoption. You'll have to contact one of them about getting admin rights. JoePlay FandomStaff.png (talk) 19:46, May 3, 2019 (UTC)

Have you looked at their actual activity? There is not much in months. BTW The promotion of Keij must be new, as I had not seen it before. Nonetheless, I have no motivation to continue to work for free for you if I must be under someone who acts so childishly in reaction to a simple request. Most of his edits are just changing simple things in existing articles, such as changing the template for all quest items despite the old one being fine, in order to rack up editing points. Only in the past two days has he done anything different than that. Indeed, I have even asked to be banned if this business-as-usual garbage continues. Remember, this is volunteer work I am doing here, so I feel no desire to have a boss, especially one who I consider to be both less into the game and the wiki. In general, the WAM score of the Dofus wiki has increased by about a hundred in the ranking since I began to work, adding my stylistic changes that do not require admin rights, and filling in hundreds of missing page gaps. People hear what they see, so see the logic of this, or you can just let another wiki slide into oblivion. --Kwismaskiller (talk) 20:27, May 3, 2019 (UTC)