Community Central
Community Central
m (Undo revision 826561 by Cafeinlove (talk))
(Splitting old watercooler threads from admin watercooler threads)

(5 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
  +
{{ForumArchiveBox}}
{{Admin-Forumheader|Watercooler}}

+

{{Admin-Forumheader|Admin Watercooler}}

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~

<!-- Please put your content under this line. Be sure to sign your edits with four tildes: ~~~~
Line 27: Line 29:

But Wikia doesn't seem to support this any more. I don't understand well why. What do you think about it? (Please tell me if I'm missing anything.) {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012.06.10, 09:48 (UTC)}}

But Wikia doesn't seem to support this any more. I don't understand well why. What do you think about it? (Please tell me if I'm missing anything.) {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012.06.10, 09:48 (UTC)}}
  +
:Wikia cleaned up the preferences to make them easier to use, I'm guessing they got rid of this because not many people used it. Try sending a message to [[Special:Contact/general|Special:Contact]] to see if they can either change it just for you, or re-add the preference. -- '''[[User:Randomtime|<span style="color:black;">Random</span>]][[User talk:Randomtime|<span style="color:#EE2C2C;">Time</span>]]''' 10:19, June 10, 2012 (UTC)
  +
::I think that is what I need to do, somehow I would like to know what the others are thinking about the point. {{User:Cafeinlove/Sig2|2012.06.10, 11:10 (UTC)}}

Latest revision as of 10:01, 7 March 2013

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Admin Watercooler What do you think about the auto number heading?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4059 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

MediaWiki has a function called "Auto-number heading" on user preference. This allows to have numbering of each heading within pages. Just like the toc number:

• 1 Description
  • 2 History
    • 2.1 19th century
    • 2.2 20th century
    • 2.3 Today
1 Description
2 History
2.1 19th century
2.2 20th century
2.3 Today

I find this kind of useful, because when I click on jumplinks of the TOC, sometimes I don't feel like jumping to right section that I wanted to read. Mostly when there are more than 2 titles simliar to each other. In cases like this, if the section headings themselves were numbered, we could easily make distinction.

But Wikia doesn't seem to support this any more. I don't understand well why. What do you think about it? (Please tell me if I'm missing anything.)  Cafeinlove msg 2012.06.10, 09:48 (UTC)

Wikia cleaned up the preferences to make them easier to use, I'm guessing they got rid of this because not many people used it. Try sending a message to Special:Contact to see if they can either change it just for you, or re-add the preference. -- RandomTime 10:19, June 10, 2012 (UTC)
I think that is what I need to do, somehow I would like to know what the others are thinking about the point.  Cafeinlove msg 2012.06.10, 11:10 (UTC)