Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 10: Line 10:

:You will never turn a large percentage of viewers into editors. It's a sad fact. You need to encourage the ones that do edit to edit more and make editing easier with boilerplates, templates, tutorials, etc. Communicate frequently with your regular editors. Try to groom admins who are enthusiatic about your wiki and discuss recruiting ideas with them.

:You will never turn a large percentage of viewers into editors. It's a sad fact. You need to encourage the ones that do edit to edit more and make editing easier with boilerplates, templates, tutorials, etc. Communicate frequently with your regular editors. Try to groom admins who are enthusiatic about your wiki and discuss recruiting ideas with them.

:Try to encourage viewers who don't contribute directly to ask questions, so they will get more comfortable with using the editor in whatever way they are comfortable. Take comfort in a wiki that is growing, even if slower than you'd like. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 5 Aug 2011 11:05 PM Pacific

:Try to encourage viewers who don't contribute directly to ask questions, so they will get more comfortable with using the editor in whatever way they are comfortable. Take comfort in a wiki that is growing, even if slower than you'd like. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 5 Aug 2011 11:05 PM Pacific
  +
::Fandyllic, that is helpful, but I already have those things for a long time and yet, I still can't get more editors.
  +
::--{{User:Nobody Cares/Sig}} 06:17, August 6, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 06:17, 6 August 2011

Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions Turning Viewers Into Editors
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4640 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

The biggest thing I've ever noticed in Songpedia is the number of viewers compared to editors, Songpedia gets thousands of views regularly each week, but I pretty much hate the lack of editors. Songpedia has 20 and more editors, I have to go beyond that number if I want to improve content. Since thousands of people regularly view Songpedia each week anyways, how can most of them be editors as well? If reading is the heart of the wiki, then editing most likely is the back bone, since no one can stand an move without a back bone, then same to editing if it's a wiki. I hate it that SP gets only 1 - 4 new editors every 3 weeks or so. I need people's advice to turn those 1800 viewers into 1800 editors. Also other than that problem is generally older users getting more bored until they stop editing, the thing I know is that if a few people work on a project, then the only people who works on the project will eventually get board and quit. I need help!

--.Nobody Cares .TalkContribs. 13:17, August 5, 2011 (UTC)

You will never turn a large percentage of viewers into editors. It's a sad fact. You need to encourage the ones that do edit to edit more and make editing easier with boilerplates, templates, tutorials, etc. Communicate frequently with your regular editors. Try to groom admins who are enthusiatic about your wiki and discuss recruiting ideas with them.
Try to encourage viewers who don't contribute directly to ask questions, so they will get more comfortable with using the editor in whatever way they are comfortable. Take comfort in a wiki that is growing, even if slower than you'd like. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 5 Aug 2011 11:05 PM Pacific
Fandyllic, that is helpful, but I already have those things for a long time and yet, I still can't get more editors.
--.Nobody Cares .TalkContribs. 06:17, August 6, 2011 (UTC)