Community Central
Community Central
Forums: Admin Central Index Admin Watercooler New Founder & Admin logo & wikilink
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4635 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Great new logo for Founder & Admin Central. Would it be possible, however, to change the link associated with it to [[Admin Central:Main Page]]. Currently, it is linked to [[Community Central]]. It takes one back too far if one only wants to return to the Founder & Admin Central main page. Thanks! — SpikeToronto 11:11, July 13, 2011 (UTC)

SpikeToronto - This is on my 'to-do' list and we should have it fixed in the next few weeks. We're still ironing out all the kinks. Thanks for being so on top of things, and keep the suggestions, ideas, etc coming! --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 21:03, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
After some discussion, we'll be leaving the wordmark linked back to Community. Because F/A actually lives within Community, we're unable to link the wordmark back to F/A. It actually violates our TOU. --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:03, August 9, 2011 (UTC)
Okay. Fine. If not via the logo (notwithstanding the concomitant logic of such a solution!), can Wikia come up with a way to have a link back to Admin Central:Main Page on every page in Founder & Admin Central? It’s just that it’s a bit of a navigation aggravation when one wants to go back to the Admin Central mainpage to have to first go even farther back to the Community Central mainpage. Thanks for the update Meighan. It’s refreshing to see someone who maintains an “outstanding” list and doesn’t let things fall through the cracks. Thanks! — SpikeToronto 10:32, August 10, 2011 (UTC)
;) I love the response 'fine' -- it's a favorite of mine. I can look into this request for sure. We're still building out F/A and any and all feedback is helpful for me. In the meantime you can use the global nav bar to get back to front page of F/A.
Screen shot 2011-08-10 at 11.53
And I like to hear that you want to keep coming back to F/A. That makes me happy. ;) We're slowly growing and having experienced admins here really helps out with that. So thank you! --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 18:56, August 10, 2011 (UTC)

(Reset indent)  You know, I went off to Special:RealLife for the day and while away it occurred to me to check to see if there were an F/A option in the MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation-generated, site-wide, pulldown navigation menus, which would make it available at the top of each page. Lo and behold, there is! You added it back in June! I see you also had the same thought today since I came back here to see your very helpful screencap. You know what they say: Great minds think alike! (Let’s forget the rest of that aphorism — Fools seldom differ — because it, of course, does not apply to us.) Thanks Meighan. While it still would have been logical to have had a link via the logo, since now clicking on the logo takes one to a different location than F/A (what’s next: clicking on the Community Central logo takes one to the Tiddly Winks Wiki?!), at least an entry in MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation solves my problem. Thanks again! — SpikeToronto 00:36, August 11, 2011 (UTC)

Oh Spike, I do appreciate your humor. Good, I am glad we can agree on this shortcut for now. It's nice to agree isn't it? ;) I think you'll see more changes in this area over the next couple of months. And I look forward to more of your feedback on how we can approve F/A. To end with another good adage: Keep on, keepin on. --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 00:41, August 11, 2011 (UTC)