Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index General Questions How to replace an Admin?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4058 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello dear community,

I've seen the rise of a Wiki and it's doom, because an admin simply doesn't care anymore about his wiki.

I tried my best to keep the german Binding of Isaac wiki up, but without the admin rights it's difficult to stay in control. Nearly 40% of the whole Wiki are translated by me. A friend, the admin of the english Binding of Isaac Wiki, advised me to ask in the central, if I could be the admin instead.

Where exactly does an application match? The central doesn't really give an area, where you could post such a application. Or I'm simply too blind to see it.

Thanks for any answers.

Nightmarecorporation (talk) 17:30, November 25, 2012 (UTC)

First, leave a message with the admin on the wiki, explaining why you need access to admin tools. If he is responsible, he should grant you admin rights.
Second - mostly if he doesn't reply, but also if he says no - start a forum topic on that wiki regarding the issue and your proposal to become and admin, try to get other contributors to join the discussion. Once the community has agreed that you should become an admin, contact staff using Special:Contact and link to the discussion.
-452 17:36, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
Don't forget Forum:Adoption requests (in the Support > Requests menu on Community). This is the official way to request adopting a wiki from Wikia. Special:Contact works, but is less transparent. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 30 Nov 2012 1:33 PM Pacific