Community Central
Community Central
No edit summary
No edit summary
Line 20: Line 20:

<p style="margin-left: 40px; ">I like the idea of a main page layout for sure, and that's what we'll be aiming for. Thanks for the feedback Jäzzi -- I love the idea of stickies being highlighted on the front page. --[[User:Meighan|Meighan]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb32675/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 01:22, November 15, 2011 (UTC)</p>

<p style="margin-left: 40px; ">I like the idea of a main page layout for sure, and that's what we'll be aiming for. Thanks for the feedback Jäzzi -- I love the idea of stickies being highlighted on the front page. --[[User:Meighan|Meighan]] http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb32675/wikia/images/e/e9/WikiaStaff.png <small>([[w:c:community:Forum:Community_Central_Forum|help forum]] | [[w:c:community:Blog:Wikia_Staff_Blog |blog]])</small> 01:22, November 15, 2011 (UTC)</p>
  +
  +
:Some feedback (not all specifically about the main page):
  +
:* I'd like to got to the [[Admin Central:Main Page]] when I click on the "founder & admin central" wordmark.
  +
:* The title text "Welcome to Founder & Admin Central" should be larger and more distinctively colored when compared to the other title links.
  +
:* More links, in general, off the main page to go directly to useful other related pages like [[Admin_Forum:FAQs]].
  +
:* Have a link to a master help page with a collection of links to all the admin related help pages.
  +
:This is all I can think of for now. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 14 Nov 2011 6:41 PM Pacific

Revision as of 01:41, 15 November 2011

Forums: Admin Central Index Watercooler Founder & Admin Central main page reorg/format
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4539 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Founder & Admin Central has been around for almost 5 months! We've started out slow and continue to grow as we go...with adding new blogs, guide pages and forum posts. But there is still more to do.

We're hoping to redesign the main page of Founder & Admin Central to make it a great resource for all founders and admins, both new and old. I'd like to ask you guys for your thoughts or feedback:

• What do you want to see on the main page of Founder?
  • What else would you like to see us focus on within this space?

Any thoughts you have or ideas are welcome and encouraged. None too small or too big! Please share below. Thank you --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 23:30, November 14, 2011 (UTC)

• I personally would like to see the slider stay with images from the blog updates.
  • A section for the stickied forums, like a little sidebar
  • A section like the above, but for the most active forums of a certain amount of time.
  • Perhaps a layout like mainpages on wikis? Video Game Wiki being on I can think of (since face it, I'm biased to that place)

I know there's more stuff I would like to see, but I am currently drawing a blank. But yes, it should be updated and made to look nice in both the skins like it does currently. – zzi 23:52, November 14, 2011 (UTC)

I like the idea of a main page layout for sure, and that's what we'll be aiming for. Thanks for the feedback Jäzzi -- I love the idea of stickies being highlighted on the front page. --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 01:22, November 15, 2011 (UTC)

Some feedback (not all specifically about the main page):
  • I'd like to got to the Admin Central:Main Page when I click on the "founder & admin central" wordmark.
  • The title text "Welcome to Founder & Admin Central" should be larger and more distinctively colored when compared to the other title links.
  • More links, in general, off the main page to go directly to useful other related pages like Admin_Forum:FAQs.
  • Have a link to a master help page with a collection of links to all the admin related help pages.
This is all I can think of for now. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 14 Nov 2011 6:41 PM Pacific