Community Central
Community Central
(archive)
m (Removing redlinks.)
Tag: apiedit

Line 21: Line 21:

:::Here is an example:

:::Here is an example:

::::Show "Yay!" if [[Chat]] exists, but "I'm sad" otherwise: {{#ifexist:Chat|Yay!|I'm sad.}}

::::Show "Yay!" if [[Chat]] exists, but "I'm sad" otherwise: {{#ifexist:Chat|Yay!|I'm sad.}}
::::Show "You don't say?" if [[Mind-reading]] exists, but "Too bad." otherwise: {{#ifexist:Mind-reading|You don't say?|Too bad.}}
+
::::Show "You don't say?" if Mind-reading exists, but "Too bad." otherwise: {{#ifexist:Mind-reading|You don't say?|Too bad.}}

:::--&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 31 Aug 2011 4:38 PM Pacific

:::--&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Who?">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 31 Aug 2011 4:38 PM Pacific

Latest revision as of 16:37, 23 May 2016

This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help Fix red links in character word bubble
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 2879 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Note: I didn't add any of the Introductions, Wiki Advice, Opinions, Wiki Promotions, or Admin Topics categories to this forum since I didn't know which one it fit under.

On the Crusade RPG Wiki, we have created character word bubbles. To create one, you have to fill in a bunch of fields/parameters. The "username", "kingdom" and "charpage" produce links. I don't want any red links in them, is it possible to take out the link if the page that is linked to doesn't exist? Thanks! Head.Boy.HogTalk  13:07,8/28/2011 

You must edit the template. I'll look at it.
ROADS! Roads! (Don't forget it!) 13:25, August 28, 2011 (UTC)
Looked at it. I didn't even have to go into source mode to see the [[ and ]] tags in it. Remove them, and tell everyone to make links in their own text or something. That's the best solution I can come up with.
ROADS! Roads! (Don't forget it!) 13:26, August 28, 2011 (UTC)
You can use {{#ifexist:stuff to check|do if exists|do if doesn't exist}}, but it is very expensive to use as far as wikiprocessing goes and may slow down your wiki wherever it is used alot.
Here is an example:
Show "Yay!" if Chat exists, but "I'm sad" otherwise: Yay!
Show "You don't say?" if Mind-reading exists, but "Too bad." otherwise: Too bad.
-- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 31 Aug 2011 4:38 PM Pacific
The problem with that is that there are two options for that field so how would I do that? (I want it to link to w:c:crusaderpg:The Kingdom of Dandra or w:c:crusaderpg:The Kingdom of Ukon. If they don't put "Dandra" or "Ukon" in, I don't want it to link to aything.) Head.Boy.HogTalk  22:55,9/1/2011 
{{#ifexist:The Kingdom of {{{kingdom}}}<!--
-->|[[The Kingdom of {{{kingdom}}}]]<!--
-->|The Kingdom of {{{kingdom}}}}}
This should link to The Kingdom of {{{kingdom}}}, if it exists, but show non-linked The Kingdom of {{{kingdom}}}, if not. That way you can check for whatever kingdoms you want. Does that work? -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 3 Sep 2011 7:56 PM Pacific

(Outdent) That's perfect, thanks! HeadTalk  13:55,9/4/2011