Community Central
Register
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Admin Watercooler Dressing your wiki up for the holidays!
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4037 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Happy holidays everyone! 'Tis the season to get in to the holiday spirit! Many wikis have added a seasonal theme to their WordMark or background to get editors in a festive mood. Have you added anything to spruce up your wiki for the holidays or winter season? Feel free to share your favotrites or add your own! :)

Here are some examples of a few of my favorites that I've seen so far:

(edit conflict)

It's snowing over on Ninja Gaiden wiki! You gotta give it a minute to start but when it does it's real neat. Check out how the snow gathers at the bottom and melts...so cool! --Meighan WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 19:47, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
Its snowing over on Ninja Gaiden Wiki. I had lights up as well but the code for that was never designed to work with wikis so I had to take them down due to them causing the page to not load occasionally. I actually took the snow down yesterday but Meighan made put it back up--GodPray  19:44,12/20/2011 
Ahhhh that's sooo cool!! I love it! Festive yet subtle. :) ----Trellar WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 19:46, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
Some good ones...
Not finding alot, though. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 20 Dec 2011 12:48 PM Pacific
Awww, those are cute! MLP has a winter wonderland theme for awhile. Sadly, it's since been replaced. :( ----Trellar WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 20:35, December 20, 2011 (UTC)

I had snow on Video Game Wiki, but decided to take it down. – zzi 20:47, December 20, 2011 (UTC)

Aw, any reason in particular as to why you took it down? Too distracting? ----Trellar WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 21:17, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
Christmas WWII Wiki Logo
I can't really think of what to do for the WWII Wiki, snow seems like a good idea though. All I did was put a christmas tree in the logo because I'm not very good with graphics. How do you make snow anyway? Fargo84 21:21, December 20, 2011 (UTC)
You can put snow on your wiki by placing importScriptPage('MediaWiki:Snow.js', 'ninjagaiden'); in your wikis, MediaWiki:Common.js. Be warned though, it hijacks alot of other js scripts so it may cause other custom scripts you may have to stop working.--GodPray  21:25,12/20/2011 

This was all I could do for my Wiki, feel free to make any improvements and tell me! Sam2011 (Talk) 21:53, December 20, 2011 (UTC)

I think it looks great, Sam! Nice and simple without cluttering your wordmark. Hm, speaking of iOS I should really run an update on all my apps. I think I have 20+ that need to be updated. Hehehe, oops. Anyway, back on point awesome job! :) ----Trellar WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 04:22, December 21, 2011 (UTC)
Wiki-wordmark.png
I added two penguins to the Game Ideas wiki logo. :) Geniusguy445 (talk) "Christmas is here. Presents are near. To only me. Waluigi!" 01:43, December 23, 2011 (UTC)
DozerfleetWiki uses a Sims 3-generated background for the month of December. The background is of Joseph running off into the night to find Mary after Gabriel sets him straight. It doubles as a story panel for the Stationery Voyagers episode "Essentials of Nativity." There is also a December banner that features Gabón (Gabriel) and other Communacadrim-class angels. January, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, July, September, Halloween, and Thanksgiving also have banners. There's a special banner that was made for the 10th Anniversary of 9/11.—IvanRider 22:34, December 24, 2011 (UTC)