I don't know if it is because the links in the menu are hard to find or admins don't know they are admins, but the amount of traffic at the admin forums is very low compared to the Forum:Support Requests and Forum:General Discussion. Also those two forums seemed to be used for at least as many admin-related questions as not.
- Along with the help files, the visibility of the admin forums needs attention. As far as i know this is being worked on by staff.
- Oh you two! Below I share some detailed information about what's up with Founder, since it's hard for you to know absolutely everything we are doing (as it's not feasible for us to let you know about every single thing we are working on or have plans to do in the coming months). I did go over quite a few things we are working on here. But perhaps below may clear up some concerns, issues, etc. WikiPim is also correct in that Help & F/A are something we are working on (as wikis go -- always working on).
- Founder & Admin Central has been under a soft release since we created it last spring. Why? For many reasons -- one, we wanted to get it started and see where it goes. As of the past month or so it has started to get a lot of traction and a lot of activity and is starting to be the space we had hoped. We also wanted to wait on having a hard launch or making an announcement to the larger Wikia community because visually it is not where we want it to be either. Community is getting a new look over the next few months and Founder will follow suit once that happens. We're also adding more to Founder as well, too much to get into here but expect changes. So please stay tuned and if you have specific ideas on what you would like to see here please let me know. I am sure you will both have feedback and ideas, I am interested to hear what you are thinking.
- As for 'dumping' admin specific forums, that is not an option. We created Founder & Admin Central as a place for admins to come, share knowledge and ask questions that is specific to admins/founders. Perhaps somewhere down the line we can revisit all of the forums as a whole, but right now they work in a way we are ok with. If you have feedback on how you think they can be improved, again we are always interested to hear ideas. I really liked when Fandyllic added the FAQ thread which I then made sure was always a 'stickied thread'. I'll also be adding the topics on that thread to one of our Guides. Hope this answers some questions. --Meighan (help forum | blog) 20:27, December 22, 2011 (UTC)
*Feels like he has become a notorious contributor with a reputation of being nasty to uphold ;) *
- All i have to say here is that you currently seem to be rolling into a positive flow of commitment and listening to the community, being involved and really getting to know the product you create insite and out. The Wikia day for sure was a spot on event which should indeed be done more often!
- Thanks for sharing Meighan! Way to go for the community team!
- If it's for sharing knowledge, there's no forum for that, other than supporting others. ForestMonthZero 08:20, December 23, 2011 (UTC)