Community Central
Community Central
This Forum has been archived
Forums: Admin Central Index Technical Help " : " Page prefix?
Central's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.
Note: This topic has been unedited for 4061 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hi people of Wikia, The other administrators and I of the Metro 2033 wiki are currently doing a mass category removal and reintegration in order to better streamline our previously very broken system. We're doing well with the job however I've come across a rather particular entity within our levels category that I can't seem to uncategorize. This page, or template, or whatever it is has an unusual title of "Level Template-5975", and a prefix of : that disappears on the actual page. Of course, because it retains an invisible category it poses a threat to the neat unt tidynessof our project. Does anyone know what :Level Template-5975 is, or how to get rid of it and it's ghostly category? Thanks, Chaosian 00:07, October 8, 2012 (UTC)

A colon without any text in front of it refers to Main article namespace. How exactly you managed to get a page with that name is baffling. I notice you deleted the corresponding page it took you too, I do know that the category system seems to occassionally lag behind updates to the pages so it may take a while to catch up; if it doesn't then you may want to contact Wikia's staff to see if they can explain how that happened. Lunarity 00:31, October 8, 2012 (UTC)

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Chaosian 01:24, October 8, 2012 (UTC)

I've also found ghost pages beginning with :, I contacted Staff via Special:Contact and they deleted the pages. -452 00:09, October 11, 2012 (UTC)