FandomとGamepediaでは、統合型コミュニティ・プラットフォームへの移行に続き、統合カスタマー・エクスペリエンス (体験価値) (Unified Customer Experience, UCX) への取り組みを進めております。 このプロジェクトの一環である、新しいデザインのFandom/Gamepedia統合のデスクトップスキン (UCXデスクトップスキン) が、FandomDesktopです。
FandomDesktop is the new design of the user interface for Fandom wikis (including formerly Gamepedia wikis) and Wikia.org wikis. Previously known as Phase 2 of the Unified Community Platform (UCP), this work was announced in early 2020 at Community Connect and in a subsequent blog post.
It replaces Oasis, Hydra, HydraDark, and remaining unique interfaces from select Gamepedia wikis. Those user interfaces will be retired once the FandomDesktop rollout is complete.
While FandomDesktop has a number of new and adapted features from our legacy interfaces, the big ones we’re really excited for are light and dark themes, multiple width options (with preferences), the right rail being dismissible for logged-in users, the new ThemeDesigner, and the pinned local navigation when you scroll.
The opt-in period for editors and administrators to test FandomDesktop and configure their wiki themes began on June 1, 2021. The search engine optimization (SEO) test, involving 300+ wikis coordinated with the Community team’s special support, began the week of June 14, 2021.
The first normal rollouts, bringing FandomDesktop as the default experience for wikis as a whole, are scheduled to begin the week of June 28, 2021. These rollouts will occur in batches.
Wikis which have not yet taken the time to apply custom theming on FandomDesktop will have their themes automatically converted for them, according to the same logic as the Theme Designer import feature, at the time of their wiki’s rollout. Gamepedia wikis will get special support for theme transfers, as they do not have existing Theme Designer data to import.
With the UCP and the Unified Consumer Experience (FandomMobile and FandomDesktop) rolled out, we have built the foundation upon which new features, content types, creator tools, extensions, and more can be developed by our teams.
- 紹介ブログ1: Introducing FandomDesktop, the new look and feel for desktop users
- 紹介ブログ2: A deeper look at Article Pages on FandomDesktop
- 紹介ブログ3: A deeper look at Navigation on FandomDesktop
- The blog gives you some more insights and mock-ups for how search, profile submenu, and notifications will look, and some insights as to how the decision about the new local navigation came to be.
- 紹介ブログ4: A Deeper Look at Theme Designer on FandomDesktop
- The blog is focusing on the Theme Designer, which was completely redesigned to host some of the new features and options FandomDesktop will offer, with such features like the native Light and Dark theme support, preview of the theme changes on actual pages rather than a mockup page, and built-in custom heading font options.
- 紹介ブログ5: A Deeper Look at Creator Tools and What's Next
- 紹介ブログ6: The FandomDesktop opt-in is now LIVE
- 紹介ブログ7: FandomDesktop: A New Experience Has A New Customization Policy
If you need help with FandomDesktop, there are some options for you:
- Contact your assigned Wiki Representative, if your wiki has one
- Visit our Official Discord Server and chat with fellow editors, admins, contractors, and staff in the #ucx channel
- File a bug report with our support team
- Visit the technical support section of Community Central’s Discussions