FANDOM

(2222: new section)
(Re: Chat with the Community Team: new section)
Line 181: Line 181:

whoa ... 2222 edits ? felt it would be awesome to tell ya . :){{User:Roranoa_zoro/sig_2|08:16,5/9/2011}}

whoa ... 2222 edits ? felt it would be awesome to tell ya . :){{User:Roranoa_zoro/sig_2|08:16,5/9/2011}}
  +
  +
== Re: Chat with the Community Team ==
  +
  +
If you allow WikiDex to be '''moved''' from Wikia, I would have no problem to leave this sited. I only have to order the server infrastructure needed to run it, since the configuration and testing is now done. About the situation of Wikia, I'm surprised you need more information, seems that you ignored all my comments in all your blog posts. My comments and all the coments made by all the people that hate this skin. Many of them were constructive and provided good points, but you (as a company) seem to ignore them anyway. Sorry, I'm too busy to spend more time listening the same arguments all again, and you listening the same that I posted during the past months. It's not a matter of talking. It's a matter of listening. Thanks for the contact offer, though. --[[User:Ciencia Al Poder|Ciencia Al Poder]] ([[User talk:Ciencia Al Poder|talk]]) <sup>-[[w:c:es.pokemon|WikiDex]]</sup> 19:24, May 9, 2011 (UTC)

Revision as of 19:24, May 9, 2011

See Adoption requests to request admin or bureaucrat rights on an inactive wiki.
See Spotlights to request a spotlight.

Archives

Welcome

Hello, I am a community Manager here at Wikia. Please add new messages to the bottom, thanks :)

If you're looking for help, you can leave a message for me here or visit our help page. If you have an idea for a new wiki, please create one!

Hello!

Hello, Sarah Manley! Well, with that done, I wanted to tell you about a user whom I feel should be blocked. The problem is that he runs the wiki and I'm just an admin, so he could overrule me at any time. I felt it best to go to my "higher ups." I would like for him to be blocked for one reason: He is nine years old. See the problem? His name is Jeenking and the wiki is BestAvatar Wiki. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you! Have a great day!MRtG 15:01, April 21, 2011

Hi, Can you please send in all the details and links to Special:Contact? Thanks, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:02, April 26, 2011 (UTC)

Can you delete two wikis for me?

Hi Sarah. I made a wiki recently. I made numorous mistakes that I can't correct! So, I made a second and the same happened, numorous mistakes. So, I want to re-do the wiki, but can you delete The Mix and The Mix Series wiki for me please! I'm the creator and I can't correct my mistakes. So can you please please delete them for me so I can start over? You can contact me at corey_samuel54@yahoo.com or Thuqqin Hardd at Facebook ~~Anonomous~~

• It's to protect my identity*

PLEASE DELETE THEM FOR ME!!

Hi is ur username 1234556... something ? ( just asking ) .. and can you provide a link so that Sarah can easily access the above mentioned wiki ?Roranoa-zoro Talk|01:38,4/24/2011
Yep please let me know the link and I am happy to help. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:27, April 26, 2011 (UTC)

Change the name of my wiki

I would like to change the name of my wiki because it isn't the correct name for the wiki. How do I do that. The name of my wiki is Bone Series By Jeff Smith Wiki but I want it to be called Bone Wiki instead. Hiow can I do that.

ShehbazAhmed 22:33, April 24, 2011 (UTC)

I changed it for you. Happy editing! Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 22:29, April 26, 2011 (UTC)

questions

I have a question? How do i create a Logo for my wiki? And also, how can I put a pic in my infoboxes?

Hello, You can read about editing your wiki's wordmark here and infoboxes here. Best, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:41, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

Hello, Sarah, can you put Chat on the Sonic News Network (URL: http://www.sonic.wikia.com ) I'm not an admin, crat or rollback on that wiki but I think it would be cool. Also could you put Chat on the Random Wiki I'm the founder. Thanks again, I Pity The Fool. - Mr.T 21:51, April 26, 2011 (UTC)

If you are not an admin on a wiki, you cannot have chat put on there. If you would like it on one that you are an admin, see here--GodPray  21:53,4/26/2011 
Yes, please follow the instructions in that link. Thanks, --Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:41, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

Admin deletion and greeting rights

Hello Sarah,

I am an admin and bureaucrat at the Hellsing Wiki. Recently, I realized that I no longer had the power to delete articles. When I looked back at the deletion log, I noticed that I had not deleted any articles since November last year. That was around the time Wikia's New Look was implemented.

Is there any way to return the rights to delete articles to the admins? Or is it a right only granted to the sysop now?

Also, I would like for my name to show under the automated message to new users on the wiki; I think either your signature shows or the other Hellsing admin, TheColorEarth, does, but he went inactive in December 2010. --BlazingStar (My talk) 03:41, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

It appears you were just a bureaucrat so I made you an admin. Please let me know if for some reason you are still not able to delete pages. You can learn how to edit the welcome tool here. Happy editing, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:45, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

Theme Help

I seem to recall, a while back, that theme help of some sort was available for those who had passed 250 articles. 'The Elfen Lied Wiki' having done so now, I was wondering if this help was still available. Gojirob 04:19, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

Go to the content team requests.--GodPray  04:22,4/28/2011 
Yep you can apply here. Happy editing, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 17:50, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

Active Admin needed at the Scream Wiki

I only edit there from time to time, but as I know right now the Admin doesn't come on as much. Recently, a user/unregistered contributer has been making fake pages, for Scream 5 and Scream 6. Which hasn't even been confirmed yet. The user has also made actor pages for the characters in it, when there are no sources that say there even in it. Are you able to delete the pages that has fake information? --LeonardoWyatt - (talk) - (contributions) 09:51, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

Also, who ever is making the pages, is taking like five or six people from the same show and making them Characters in Scream 5, when a majority of them are still working on that show. --LeonardoWyatt - (talk) - (contributions) 10:08, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

Actually, if you click here it clearly says the ‘Scream’ franchise will likely end here, at least for the moment.” Which means, no actor has been confirmed for the movie, if there even is going to be one. Just thought I'd tell you that in case you needed proof. --LeonardoWyatt - (talk) - (contributions) 10:20, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

If you are active there you can apply to adopt the wiki here. Cheers, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:02, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

Casualty Wiki

I am removing the code now... sorry for the violation. May I ask how you managed to spot it though?    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  16:42, 28/04/2011

Also, to clear something up: I put in css functions specifically designed to make sure ads displayed properly and that the top ad was not pushed down.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  17:06, 28/04/2011
Thank you. Can you also update the wiki navigation? We happened to visit the wiki and saw it. Thanks! Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:03, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
As far as I am aware, wiki-navigation is now fixed - Have I missed something? (I might have, I've had a lot of code to go through!)
I am aware that in the code, there are actually 5 dropdowns, but one of them is for the custom skin only. This one is hidden automatically through css for bog-standard Oasis so that the 4x7 rule is maintained.    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  16:28, 3/05/2011
For the first two dropdowns I see 26 sublevels unders casualty and 14 under the emergency department. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 20:49, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Hetalia Archives wiki

A while ago their was a discussion about whether they should be pushing users to their new site or not at Hetalia Archives, now that their wiki is back on line they have added a site notice on the main page that pushes people back to their wiki - now hosted at shoutwiki. I am under the impression that their not aloud to do that, I did remove it but it was quickly reverted and I don't want to get into a long argument - especially since I'm only a reader, not a contributor. Since you helped resolve the problem last time, I thought I would let you know now. If their is no problem with it then I apologise for wasting your time. Thanks. Alexsau1991 (talk page) 20px 20:33, April 28, 2011 (UTC)

Thanks for letting me know -- I appreciate it! Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:05, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

Spotlights!

Hi, Sarah. I requested a Wikia spotlight for Battle: Los Angeles Wiki a little more than a week ago and still no response. I wouldn't have a problem with that, but there are probably about 5 other requests that have not been taken care of as well. Now, I know my Wiki has nowhere near 200 pages, but I read that if it is a new topic that will lose its fan base if the fan base is notfound immediately, it may be eligible. Is this true? I wasn't sure.... Anyways, thanks again. Oh, and it seems that you didn't get my last message, so I thought you should know that you can delete the Titanic Wiki. (When you get a chance, of course.) I realize your extremely busy, but if you could take care of that as soon as possible, that'd be great. Thanks so much!

Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 20:03, April 29, 2011 (UTC)Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan

Please give the folks who manage that page a bit of time to get to it. We are all quite busy here! Thanks, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:06, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

wikia

Im not a wikia hater... but I have something to say. Im an active user on the dragon ball encyclopedia. we moved away because of the changes made to wikia. forced changes. thats old news of coarse, but hear me out! I am one of many voices that have spoken with no avail. I have just taken an interest in one peice due to my subscription to shonen jump. but guess what- there are no One Piece wikis besides one on wikia! what does that mean? isnt it obvious-navigation. on the dragon ball encyclopedia we have a bunch of thingee madooders on the left side of all pages, that open new boxes within that category, and within that category, and so on. we also have links on the top. wikias changes have now posed a serious new problem-I cant navigate! I cant look at all the main characters easy, I cant click on community portal, I cant find even barely any of the main pages without having to search for them. COMMON! when Im trying to learn about something new to me.... how am I supposed to search for something that I dont know aanything about, probably dont even know what im searching for. just that I want to search for more info. when you destroy easy access to that stuff, what does that make a wiki now? crap. worthless, except for a social network. if I wanted a social network, Id join up on facebook with my friends! now im not going to spew a bunch of valid points that im sure you've already heard before. no point in that, right? after all, wikia ignore all too many voices, JUST LIKE MINE, because they thought they could just change the beautiful creation that is (or was) a hard obtained wiki. lotsa work put into make it as perfect as possible, making more and more pages. now I know you dont want to here this crap now that its old news, but its still affecting me EVEN TODAY!! please.... if you were oh-so willing to taint our works of art, why not change it one more time. give all those bars back on the left side of all articles. down with your stubborness, up with the creative abilities of wiki users EVERYWHERE!!! thanks for your time, wikia-JACK789 or Scott Y.

ps- I told this to you since you were the one who talked to my wiki when we moved a good while back.

Ummm, main pages are easy to find. you click the logo and bam, you are there. Or just go to w:c:onepiece:Main Page. Navigation is pretty simple too. w:c:onepiece:Category:Characters and whatnot. One piece encyclopedia also has extensive nav templates and uses the read more feature so your point is moot.--GodPray  00:13,4/30/2011 
I am not quite sure what you are requesting here -- but the links Godisme posted are a good start. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:08, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
I dont know if it is wrong to tell this , but there is a OP wikki out there. Many old(and awesome) users moved there as you did ( that happened before I joined the wikia .. :) )Roranoa-zoro Talk|00:42,5/3/2011

Spotlight exemptions?

Hey, Sarah. It's me, Airhogs777, no need to try to remember me right now. My wiki is rushing to get 200 non-stubs by October (we need around 30-40 more non-stubs) so we can apply for a spotlight by the time the next Shrek movie comes out in November. I notice that the Priest wiki has a spotlight, despite having only 66 pages (and presumably mostly stubs). The Spotlights page does say that the staff select some of the spotlightees themselves, but I'd like to know how much slack you guys are willing to give for those who don't perfectly fall into your list of best practices (please note: we do all of the other things). I'll be glad to hear back from you! —Preceding signed comment added by Airhogs777 (talkcontribsWP) 00:27, April 30, 2011 (UTC)

Hi Airhogs, that is up to the team who manages that page - so best to ask there. Staff ususally picks topics we are hoping to grow or that might have a big event coming up soon. I would say keep working and you will get there in no time. Happy editing, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:12, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
All right, I'll ask there. —Preceding signed comment added by Airhogs777 (talkcontribsWP) 00:10, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Wiki Slider Glitch

Hello again, Sarah! I know I just left you a message, but I do need help with one more thing when you get to it. There is a problem on my Wiki, Battle: Los Angeles Wiki. I created a main page slider for it a few weeks ago and I logged on the other day and noticed that the captions for the slides were behind the little pictures in the bottom corner. I was wondering why that is because I have gone to other Wikis with main page sliders and there is no problem. If you get a chance, can you help? Thanks again so much! Talk to you later!

Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 20:59, April 30, 2011 (UTC)Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan

I dont see any problem : please check it out again .Roranoa-zoro Talk|00:05,5/2/2011
Yep looks ago now to me also -- you still seeing a problem? Can you post a screenshot and your bowser info? Thanks, Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:14, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

I think the problem is fixed. I had someone do a little work on the main page, and it's fine now. Thanks!

Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan 22:34, May 3, 2011 (UTC)Tsu'tey te Rongloa Ateyitan

Group Helper

Currently, Japan's Helpers Group, Tommy6 group please, so I just added a helper.--Yard 23:42, May 1, 2011 (UTC)

Please stop saying that you or other users are helpers. Helpers are selected by Wikia, not by users.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  00:14,5/2/2011 

Can not it?--Yard 15:21, May 2, 2011 (UTC)

Hello, You can find helper positions listed here. Please watch that page if you are interested in learning about new opportunities. As Godisme mentioned, its confusing to others to say you are a Wikia helper when you are in fact not. Its best to continue to edit and work towards becoming an admin (and a great editor) first before worrying about being a helper. Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:21, May 2, 2011 (UTC)
It's Monchoman , not Godi .. just telling ! :)Roranoa-zoro Talk|23:20,5/2/2011
Oops -You are totally right! Sorry Monchoman! Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:09, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Create page dialog message at Combine OverWiki

Hello Sarah, I don't remember the name of the page with the message, you could give me its name? I'll adapt it. To upload text was also a bit harsh, and it was adapted some time ago. After coming back from a 6-month wikivacation, I realized it was indeed too harsh and threatening. I'd like to make it easier for new users, but I can't do everything, and I do a lot already... Klow 17:29, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Hey Klow -- You can find it here: http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Createpage-dialog-message1 Let me know if you need any help -- I am happy to provide some advice :) Sarah@fandom (help forum | blog) 18:11, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Sarah

We need your help with the TDWiki. An former B-Crat promoted herself without any contact and blocked an admin. Please come to the Total Drama Wiki's IRC room at #WIKIA-TDWIKI. Thank You. Mikeyy

Sarah, this B-crat my friend is mentioning banned an abuseive admin. Really, no one else was able to do the job because she and her clique have the whole wiki under her control. She did the right thing and stopped her. But of course, they're fighting back. TDA15 is cool 21:19, May 3, 2011 (UTC)

Send this to Special:Contact, you'll get a faster response.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  21:20,5/3/2011 

help

what a my wiki, i eraser my wiki nickleon in spanish Ben alien supremo 001 21:22, May 4, 2011 (UTC)

Help with a IP

Hi Sarah. I'm an admin at Warrior Cat Answers and lately we've had some trouble with the same IP user. He asks the same questions everyday: Who would take over leadership if the old leader died or retired?. He's asked hundreds of these questions every day. Every time we answer him, but he asks them again. I continue to block the IP and delete the question, but he's managed to change his IP every time he edits. He has also vandalized user's profile pages. Here's a link to all the IPs I've banned : they're all the same. Can you do a range block or something to help me? It's been going on for the past 2 months, and I'm really sick and tired of it. {{SUBST:User:Nightfern/Sig|01:08,5/6/2011}} 01:08, May 6, 2011 (UTC)

Talk to VSTF about this.--GodPray  01:21,5/6/2011 

Sig

How do you make a Signature please leave a message on talk page ?? A saiyan warrior 21:01, May 6, 2011 (UTC)

whoa ... 2222 edits ? felt it would be awesome to tell ya . :)Roranoa-zoro Talk|08:16,5/9/2011

Re: Chat with the Community Team

If you allow WikiDex to be moved from Wikia, I would have no problem to leave this sited. I only have to order the server infrastructure needed to run it, since the configuration and testing is now done. About the situation of Wikia, I'm surprised you need more information, seems that you ignored all my comments in all your blog posts. My comments and all the coments made by all the people that hate this skin. Many of them were constructive and provided good points, but you (as a company) seem to ignore them anyway. Sorry, I'm too busy to spend more time listening the same arguments all again, and you listening the same that I posted during the past months. It's not a matter of talking. It's a matter of listening. Thanks for the contact offer, though. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 19:24, May 9, 2011 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.