Community Central
Community Central
(archive)

Line 11: Line 11:

::Thanks! :-) --[[User:CocoaZen|CocoaZen]] 20:06, 5 February 2006 (UTC)

::Thanks! :-) --[[User:CocoaZen|CocoaZen]] 20:06, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
  +

==Thanks!==

==Thanks!==

Revision as of 09:10, 23 June 2006

Jan 2006 -

Welcome

A rather delayed, "Welcome to Wikicities"! Glad to have you here. :) Angela (talk) 05:08, 23 January 2006 (UTC)

Thanks Angela, good to be here -- sannse

Welcome again! --CocoaZen 18:17, 5 February 2006 (UTC)

Thanks CocoaZen, what a great nick :) -- sannse (talk) 19:44, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
Thanks! :-) --CocoaZen 20:06, 5 February 2006 (UTC)

Thanks!

Hi, Lisa -- Thanks for telling me about those MetaWiki discussions. I'll check them out! -- Danny Toughpigs 22:10, 15 February 2006 (UTC)

Warm greetings!

Thank you for the kind words and warm greetings, Lisa! They are very much appreciated. When some free time opens up in a few dayss, I hope to be spending a lot of time here - probably half here/half in Wikipedia-land! Nhprman 15:38, 23 February 2006 (UTC)

Wiki

Please, do not test your editing skills on existing templates of Pomorze Wikicity. Michał P. 19:16, 23 February 2006 (UTC)

Reply at w:c:pomorze:Dyskusja Wikipedysty:Michał P.. Summary: Edits were to fix the problem you reported to the Community Suppport Team. Please let me know of any further problems -- sannse (talk) 20:37, 23 February 2006 (UTC)

OK, thanks :) It works and it's nice. Should I send you a message or leave it here if there will be any other technical problems? Michał P. 20:58, 23 February 2006 (UTC)

Either is fine. The direct address for the community team is community@wikicities.com if you need it, or my talk page here is OK too. If I can't help, then I should be able to find someone who can. -- sannse (talk) 21:22, 23 February 2006 (UTC)

Namespaces

My e-mail to technical@wikia.com is undeliverable, maybe because Poland is too far away from Wikia Corp., so I'm asking here: could you change some namespace names on my wiki? Namespaces to change are:

Interactive Pomerania to Wikicité
Pomoc to Aide
Szablon to Modelle
Wikipedysta to Utilisateur
Dyskusja to Parler-vous
Dyskusja Wikipedysty to Utilisateur parler-vous
Grafika to Imagine
Kategoria to Categoíre

I would also like to add namespace Portail. Is it possible? Michał (wiki) 24 February 2006, 15:00 (CET)

Reply at w:c:pomorze:Dyskusja Wikipedysty:Michał P sannse (talk)

I think these are new edits since the last time you checked this IP. Please can you see if they need to be reverted and whether it needs to be blocked?

• 209.123.8.145 was the last to edit finalfantasy=>Main_Page at 20060301175806
  • 209.123.8.145 was the last to edit computervision=>CVwiki at 20060113193409
  • 209.123.8.145 was the last to edit computervision=>Current_events at 20060228215009
  • 209.123.8.145 was the last to edit computervision=>Main_Page at 20060228215030
  • 209.123.8.145 was the last to edit rls=>SGCommand at 20060228223101
  • 209.123.8.145 was the last to edit arbeitslos=>Contents at 20060226083636
  • 209.123.8.145 was the last to edit detroit=>Main_Page at 20060301175135
  • 209.123.8.145 was the last to edit southpas=>Main_Page at 20060228223607

Thanks. Angela (talk) 21:41, 1 March 2006 (UTC)

All reverted, a few blocks are definitely on the cards I think -- sannse (talk) 21:54, 1 March 2006 (UTC)

Favicon

Thanks for the transparent favicon at c:hoops. It looks much better. Microtonal 02:34, 6 March 2006 (UTC)

No problem :) -- sannse (talk) 08:57, 6 March 2006 (UTC)

Help requested with response to vandalism

Hi, hope OK for me to ask for help here (I got a warning message at top of Community Portal saying too long, also cp talk page looks very long). You recently replied on Help talk:Main Page to Splarka. Don't know if this connected but have been asking some questions re protecting Main Page on Talk:Society Gardens.

Don't know if someone trying to prove a point re what I've been asking, but today have had 19 instances of vandalism on Sustainable Community Action wiki (main page sca21:Main page) from what looks like 15 different addresses. These have now been rolled back but am unsure what other action if any is best to take? I looked on Help pages but there doesn't seem to be anything specific to vandalism. So should these 15 addresses be blocked, if so what is an appropriate length of time. Thanks in advance, Philralph 15:23, 6 March 2006 (UTC)

Hi Philralph, it seems you are not the only wiki to have been hit with this today, I've had other reports of the same pattern of vandalism. The main thing is to do what you have done and rollback. It's worth blocking the IPs, which are likely to be open proxies, just to be sure they are not used again. But, sadly, it's likely that they will have a longer list of proxies than we can block. Blocking indefinitely is fine in a case like this, although I would never suggest it for isolated vandalism. The best advice is just to keep an eye on your recent changes as much as you can, and rollback as needed. If you have any suitable active contributors at the moment, you might want to consider more sysops to help out. These things usually pass in time, although big wikis get a lot of this (but have a lot of people to help fix it). Call if you need any help, -- sannse (talk) 15:59, 6 March 2006 (UTC)
Many Thanks! Philralph 16:18, 6 March 2006 (UTC)

Wikitecture

I have unprotected the main page for now. I used to keep it unlocked, but it only takes on wikispam to completely remove whatever's there, so I am still nervous about changing it. However, since there's not much content being put up anyway, maybe it will help. --Sform 19:52, 6 March 2006 (UTC)

Thanks Sform, I appreciate it -- sannse (talk) 20:06, 6 March 2006 (UTC)

Possible admin issues

I've replied to your question at User_talk:Angela#Articles_blocking. I think Sos is talking about Nonsensopedia since that's the only other Wikia site they've edited. Angela (talk) 13:57, 10 March 2006 (UTC)

Thanks Angela -- sannse (talk) 22:04, 10 March 2006 (UTC)

sysop powers

Can I have my sysop powers on the hrwooky be removed please? Thanks!

--Bubsty 02:44, 17 March 2006 (UTC)

OK, that's done -- sannse (talk) 12:01, 17 March 2006 (UTC)

Username Policy Violation at the Final Fantasy Wiki, Assistance Requested

A User of the Final Fantasy Wiki has been discovered with Username "! ! ! ! Linuxbeak is a faggot", which is in violation of the Wiki Username Policy, as it defames another user. Said user does not appear to have made any contributions and has not established a Userpage, but is not appearing on the Block Log, indicating that he likely has not been blocked, and is likely free to update at any given time should he "return". This user appears at the very top of the UserList (which is how I detected him). Based on the Wiki Username Policy, said user should be banned from editing for having an inappropriate username. Because of the current admin situation on that Wiki, we are unable to correct the problem internally. Could you help us? --User: Roy Al Blue from the Final Fantasy Wiki, 15:57, 17 March, 2006 (UTC)--

As Wikicities shares a global user list, you see all users created on all Wikicities wikis. That user wasn't created to target the Final Fantasy Wiki, so there is most likely no need to ban them there. Splarka 23:43, 17 March 2006 (UTC)

Final Fantasy Wiki: We will soon need the help of a Bureaucrat

User:Crazyswordsman at the Final Fantasy Wiki has been nominated for Admin, and his election is less than a day from closing. Because it takes a bureaucrat (or higher) to certify the results of an admin election, we will need the help of one tomorrow. The exact time of scheduled closure is 21:50 (UTC), and the current tally is Support:2, Oppose:0. I'm not sure if that is considered enough voter turnout, but as a normal user, I can't make that call myself. If you have bureaucratic powers, could you help us with that and if not could you contact such a person for us? --User: Roy Al Blue from the Final Fantasy Wiki, 22:30, 19 March, 2006 (UTC)--

That's no problem, I can promote and I'll be there this evening (I had it on my list to see how you were going today anyway :) -- sannse (talk) 09:05, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
Oh, I forgot to tell you. The poll is at our community portal (We haven't created a special page for admin polls yet, due to our small size). Roy Al Blue 21:58, 20 March 2006 (UTC)

hello, it's me

please remove my rights as admin - kakun 09:40, 20 March 2006 (UTC)

Done, I hope you will change you mind sometime kakun -- sannse (talk) 09:50, 20 March 2006 (UTC)

If he doesn't want them, I'll take them! - Dashiva 09:47, 20 March 2006 (UTC)

And done, thanks for taking this on :) -- sannse (talk) 09:50, 20 March 2006 (UTC)

AIDS dissent wikicity

I reverted your deletion of the external link to the new dissident wiki. Please do not go back and delete it again. The new external wiki *IS* the new wiki for us, there will be no wikicity. I have already requested Angela to trash the entire wikicity altogether. It is dead, redundant, and stealing google hits from the new site. Thank you. Revolver 05:19, 23 March 2006 (UTC)

LOST protection

Hello,

Thank you, for your comments on the LOST Wiki.

While I'll admit that it seems like a lot of pages are protected, it's mainly templates which are used on all of our character pages. I can't see any possible reason for someone to have to make a change on one of the templates, so as a precautionary measure I protected them to prevent anyone from vandalizing them...a bit silly, but if someone did make a change to one of the templates, it could throw off about 100 pages in the process. Also, there are many templates to choose from, so if someone DID need to make an addition....chances are, there's already a template with that addition on it.

The Spoilers page and Policies page were protected because these pages have no reason to be altered. It's our basis for when information is suitable for addition, and I really don't want someone changing it so they can add information about future episodes (which is prohibited on LOST Wiki).

As for the main page, there's never really been anyone who's asked about unprotecting it (except for one person...who...coincidentally enough, wanted to change the spoiler policy).

I will however unprotect the "Current Events" page....I have no idea why or when I protected it, but there is no reason for it to be protected. :p

Thank you.

--ChristianShephard 16:06, 28 March 2006 (UTC)

Reply at User talk:ChristianShephard @LOST -- sannse (talk) 18:28, 28 March 2006 (UTC)

Hello again,

Well, I've taken your advice. The Main Page is now unprotected. As are many of the templates.

Pages I've left protected are: Character templates, Episode Template, The template for the main page Article of the Week, and the template for the Airdates for the Main Page.

The Spoilers page is also protected because there is no reason for anyone to change it, as it is a strict rule, and is to be followed. I really don't want to see someone change it, just to allow Spoilers on the wiki. They are not allowed as they are not Canon.

Also, I'd be more than happy to see any favicon you're willing to create for LOST.

Thank you. --ChristianShephard 20:39, 28 March 2006 (UTC) (Talk)