FANDOM

(Monaco Skin link-text colours)
(Monaco Skin link-text colours)
Line 71: Line 71:

Hi Joe, [[w:c:fable:User:Enodoc|Enodoc]] from [[w:c:fable|Fable]] here again. Solar Dragon and I have recently changed the <code>a</code>, <code>a:active</code> and <code>a:visited</code> colour codes on [[w:c:fable:MediaWiki:Monaco.css|Monaco]], but in doing so seem to have somehow overwritten the codes for the colours of things like <code>#page_controls a</code>, <code>#navigation a</code>, <code>#header_username a</code> and <code>#monaco_footer a, #wikia_footer a</code>, as even though they are still specified, they are appearing in the <code>a:active</code> and <code>a:visited</code> colours. Do you know how we can keep the new text colours for the in-article links and restore the old ones for the sidebar/header/footer links, please? --<span style="font-family:Verdana;">[[User:Enodoc|<font color="#4682B4">Enodoc</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|<font color="#228B22">Talk</font>]]) </sup></span> 14:58, July 12, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Joe, [[w:c:fable:User:Enodoc|Enodoc]] from [[w:c:fable|Fable]] here again. Solar Dragon and I have recently changed the <code>a</code>, <code>a:active</code> and <code>a:visited</code> colour codes on [[w:c:fable:MediaWiki:Monaco.css|Monaco]], but in doing so seem to have somehow overwritten the codes for the colours of things like <code>#page_controls a</code>, <code>#navigation a</code>, <code>#header_username a</code> and <code>#monaco_footer a, #wikia_footer a</code>, as even though they are still specified, they are appearing in the <code>a:active</code> and <code>a:visited</code> colours. Do you know how we can keep the new text colours for the in-article links and restore the old ones for the sidebar/header/footer links, please? --<span style="font-family:Verdana;">[[User:Enodoc|<font color="#4682B4">Enodoc</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|<font color="#228B22">Talk</font>]]) </sup></span> 14:58, July 12, 2010 (UTC)

:Thanks for your help. So what does the <code>!important</code> actually do? I'm pleased you like the new background, and yes, you can go ahead and upload the optimized background image. Thanks in advance! --<span style="font-family:Verdana;">[[User:Enodoc|<font color="#4682B4">Enodoc</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|<font color="#228B22">Talk</font>]]) </sup></span> 19:22, July 12, 2010 (UTC)

:Thanks for your help. So what does the <code>!important</code> actually do? I'm pleased you like the new background, and yes, you can go ahead and upload the optimized background image. Thanks in advance! --<span style="font-family:Verdana;">[[User:Enodoc|<font color="#4682B4">Enodoc</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|<font color="#228B22">Talk</font>]]) </sup></span> 19:22, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
  +
::Thank you so much for all your advice. My last question, now that I have removed most of the <code>!important</code> tags, is how do I get the user space tab links to go back to white? Some of them are, but the 'visited' ones are still purple. See [[w:c:fable:file:Screen 002.png|this screenshot]] for what I mean. (And of course feel free to do it yourself if it's easier for you than explaining!) --<span style="font-family:Verdana;">[[User:Enodoc|<font color="#4682B4">Enodoc</font>]]<sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|<font color="#228B22">Talk</font>]]) </sup></span> 22:23, July 12, 2010 (UTC)

==Did You Know box==

==Did You Know box==

Revision as of 22:23, July 12, 2010

Please put new messages at the bottom of the page. NOTE: I will reply on your talk page at your wiki, so if we've never talked before, be sure to let me know which wiki you are from.

Archives: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Editcount

Hey there, how can I reduce the size of the editcount on userpages?... Is it through the CSS or in a MediaWiki file?... I'd also like to disable "Pages I'm following" on userpages. It does not work for that fixed width. Klow 22:19, May 24, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for the editcount, it worked fine. For the "Pages I'm following", I'm not sure about that, I'll leave it that way for now (but is it possible to remove the fixed width for images only?). To get back at the editcount, how do I change its blue color, and the blue of the bg?... Klow 17:14, May 25, 2010 (UTC)

Misc.

I don't know if you saw my last messages on Combine OverWiki, so I'll post here: is it possible to reduce the width of the table found at Special:AllMessages to fit the new wiki fixed width? And is it possible to change the size of thumbnails in image categories and the gallery of new files?... Klow 10:54, June 1, 2010 (UTC)

Fable Answers Background

Hi Joe, it's Enodoc from Fable and Fable Answers. I was wondering if you would be able to make our new dark red article background on Fable Answers partially transparent like you did with the white one at Fable. I would suggest around 75% opacity again as that worked quite well before. Also, do you know how I can get the sidebar to appear? I've written what I want to be on it, but I don't know how to make it appear. Thanks, Enodoc(Talk) 22:13, June 2, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for what you are currently doing, especially the sidebar. However, I think I should have been clearer on the colouring. I was wondering if you could get that dark red background to go to 75% opacity, rather than replace it with the 75% white one. Solar Dragon said he spent a long time on the colourings, and he may get frustrated if they change too much. Sorry to be a pain, Enodoc(Talk) 23:59, June 2, 2010 (UTC)

Combine OverWiki skin

Hey there, the Combine OverWiki skin does not work today. Why is that?... Klow 08:43, June 6, 2010 (UTC)

Fallout Wiki browser usage statistics

Hey Joe,

is there a way to see the current browser usage statistics for The Vault? I'm currently working on a few templates and I'm wondering whether it's still worth bending over backwards for that abysmal IE6... Would be much appreciated. -- Porter21 (talk) 11:35, June 9, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks. That's more than I had hoped - oh well. -- Porter21 (talk) 18:59, June 9, 2010 (UTC)

Forums on Combine OverWiki

Hey it's me again, bothering you! ;) Before in the Combine OverWiki forums, a header was automatically appearing when a user posted a new message. Now it does not show up anymore, and I don't know why. Can you help?... Thanks! Klow 15:00, June 9, 2010 (UTC)

Ok don't bother answering, I solved the problem. ;-) Klow 16:52, June 9, 2010 (UTC)

Transparent Skin

Hi, can you give a transparent skin to Doctor Who Answers please? We are looking for something blue tinged. Thanks, ☆The Solar Dragon (Talk - Contribs.)☆ 13:14, June 21, 2010 (UTC)

StarCraft Wiki pagetitle tweak...

I noticed for the past few days, the number of visitors we get from Google has remained exactly steady. Previously it was increasing by 400,000 per day. (I'm talking about the top referrers "extension".) But I think this didn't happen immediately after the pagetitle tweak. I wonder if Google has changed something else again. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs) 22:13, June 22, 2010 (UTC)

I'm sure this is an unrelated issue, but the last two new visitors to the wiki didn't get Welcome messages. Wikia Bot (as an editor) didn't get blocked, and the Welcome template has been unchanged, so I don't know what's going on. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs) 01:44, June 28, 2010 (UTC)

Logging in and out error..

I'm from the Pixar wiki, and I Have to keep logging in because it automatically keeps Logging me out when I don't even do it. Is there anyway I can fix this? -Demonic Kunai

Dr Pepper Wiki

First off, sorry about not being logged in I am Darthkenobi0 but my computer is having some issues with cookies lately, running checks. I've heard you make great favicons and logos, and was wondering if you would be so kind as to create a favicon for the Dr Pepper wiki, thanks for reading! Darthkenobi0talk 20:26, July 2, 2010 (UTC)

Some Advice

Hello, it's me again =P I know you may be thinking please not you!, but I need some advice. Yes, only an advice :) As you are the best creator of skin and logos, I wanted to know what do you think about this possible new logos for the wiki. Maybe you can comment there if it's something for the community, or just here. Thanks in advance, --((((Matias)))) ~ Talk AVATAR Wiki 23:47, July 2, 2010 (UTC)

missing sysop

i seem to have misplaced  LobStoR  talk  contribs  over @ Borderlands. have you seen/heard from him/her? The Evil Dr. F talk 02:03, July 8, 2010 (UTC)

Wiki Achievements

So I was looking for a fun way to entertain my friends on the Resistance Wiki and when I searched around (I've done a lot of searching) I found that you put Wiki Achievements on the Naughty Bear wiki and they seem like the best solution. So is there anyway that we can get them? (Please.) and is there anyway you can edit them to your own achievement pictures and text. (If you can't I don't mind because this is the best idea I've seen.) Please reply here on my Resistance Wiki talk page what ever the respone I'd like you to reply to show that you've read it. All the best ~ sorofin

Thank you very much. ~ sorofin

Slight Problem

I have accidently added two category tracks onto the wiki and I want them deleted, is there anyway how? and also will you update achievements e.g.: In a months time achievements appears for 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 blog comments? ~ sorofin (Talk)

Monaco Skin link-text colours

Hi Joe, Enodoc from Fable here again. Solar Dragon and I have recently changed the a, a:active and a:visited colour codes on Monaco, but in doing so seem to have somehow overwritten the codes for the colours of things like #page_controls a, #navigation a, #header_username a and #monaco_footer a, #wikia_footer a, as even though they are still specified, they are appearing in the a:active and a:visited colours. Do you know how we can keep the new text colours for the in-article links and restore the old ones for the sidebar/header/footer links, please? --Enodoc(Talk) 14:58, July 12, 2010 (UTC)

Thanks for your help. So what does the !important actually do? I'm pleased you like the new background, and yes, you can go ahead and upload the optimized background image. Thanks in advance! --Enodoc(Talk) 19:22, July 12, 2010 (UTC)
Thank you so much for all your advice. My last question, now that I have removed most of the !important tags, is how do I get the user space tab links to go back to white? Some of them are, but the 'visited' ones are still purple. See this screenshot for what I mean. (And of course feel free to do it yourself if it's easier for you than explaining!) --Enodoc(Talk) 22:23, July 12, 2010 (UTC)

Did You Know box

Hi it's sorofin again, this time I need help with my Did You Know box. I saw you helped out with Call of Duty's and that's why I am asking you. Do you know how to, like Call of Duty's, have 4 random facts appearing on the Did You Know box? All the best ~ sorofin (Talk)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.