FANDOM

(Background Image)
(Background Image: oops)
Line 107: Line 107:

Hi Joe, I was wondering if you could set up that background image you mentioned before over at [[w:c:fable|Fable Wiki]]. We've attempted it ourselves but were wondering if you could tidy it up. In particular, I like the way that God of War Wiki has a partially transparent text background so you can see the whole picture, it would be good if you could do something similar. For more info and to see the image we'd like to use, see [[w:c:fable:User talk:Enodoc#RE: Hi-res Background Image|my talk page]] and [[w:c:fable:User talk:Michaeldsuarez|Michael's]]. Thanks. --[[User:Enodoc|Enodoc]] <sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|Talk]]) ([[w:c:fable:User:Enodoc/User Space|User Space]])</sup> 19:53, February 17, 2010 (UTC)

Hi Joe, I was wondering if you could set up that background image you mentioned before over at [[w:c:fable|Fable Wiki]]. We've attempted it ourselves but were wondering if you could tidy it up. In particular, I like the way that God of War Wiki has a partially transparent text background so you can see the whole picture, it would be good if you could do something similar. For more info and to see the image we'd like to use, see [[w:c:fable:User talk:Enodoc#RE: Hi-res Background Image|my talk page]] and [[w:c:fable:User talk:Michaeldsuarez|Michael's]]. Thanks. --[[User:Enodoc|Enodoc]] <sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|Talk]]) ([[w:c:fable:User:Enodoc/User Space|User Space]])</sup> 19:53, February 17, 2010 (UTC)
:Looks great, thanks! Just two things; could you try 75% transparency (although this may be too much) and there's a strange dark band in line with the Fable Wiki logo that cuts across the picture; is there a way to get rid of it? Thanks. --[[User:Enodoc|Enodoc]] <sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|Talk]]) ([[w:c:fable:User:Enodoc/User Space|User Space]])</sup> 11:13, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
+
:Looks great, thanks! Just two things; could you try 75% <s>transparency</s> <u>opacity</u> (although this may be too much) and there's a strange dark band in line with the Fable Wiki logo that cuts across the picture; is there a way to get rid of it? Thanks. --[[User:Enodoc|Enodoc]] <sup>([[User talk:Enodoc|Talk]]) ([[w:c:fable:User:Enodoc/User Space|User Space]])</sup> 11:13, February 18, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 11:14, February 18, 2010

Please put new messages at the bottom of the page. NOTE: I will reply on your talk page at your wiki, so if we've never talked before, be sure to let me know which wiki you are from.

Archives: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

LOTR new skin??

I much prefer black print on white or pale background, which in this case means http://gamingskin3.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Main_Page or http://gamingskin4.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Main_Page or http://gamingskin5.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Main_Page.

But LOTR is a Tolkien encyclopedia, not a gaming Wikia. Its front page has a prominent link to w:c:lotrgames.

(DarkLantern is back editing today.)

Robin Patterson (Talk) 05:46, January 19, 2010 (UTC)

Re: Custom skin (Pixar wiki)

Thanks, I'll try out the new skin and let you know what I think. --Jeff (talk) 14:29, January 20, 2010 (UTC)

The import statement is working fine, thanks. And I like the colors a lot. The only strange thing I noticed is when I'm on a user or user's talk page - the "Edit this page" tab is outlined in white with blue surrounding the words "Edit this page" in white again. On most pages the Edit tab has a white background with the words in black. It's not a big deal to me, I just wasn't sure that's what you were expecting? Otherwise it looks great! Thanks! --Jeff (talk) 03:48, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
The new skin looks great! Thanks for updating the site with it. --Jeff (talk) 19:30, February 8, 2010 (UTC)

Re: Image

Thank you! HiQu (My talk) 20:05, January 20, 2010 (UTC)

Mass Effect Wiki

Most of our admins and senior editors are taking breaks from the wiki to avoid spoilers before ME2 comes out. There seems to be an awful lot of spoilerish material appearing at the moment, possibly from released videos or leaked copies (or people making stuff up : ) ) so we've already made the decision to stay away. However that does leave us vulnerable to vandalism which has been a major problem lately. Is there any way you could keep an eye on things to ensure the wiki doesn't suffer major vandalism / damage until we're available again? Thanks. --Tullis 13:50, January 23, 2010 (UTC)

Mafia Wars Wiki

• Just wondering if it was possible to port the entire Wiki, including skins and such to a spanish version of the wikia on wikia.com? This is so we can save time by not trying to recode page by page of stuff and just stuck with translating it. Thanks, Da Irish Kid, mafia wars wiki admin.

Re: Mafia Wars Wiki

• Cool deal! Altho I noticed that on the main page, both in chrome and firefox, the navigation menu overlaps the logo and such. Not sure if this is a bug or such. Thanks! Da Irish Kid, mafia wars wiki admin.

Hello, I am an admin on the Avatar Wiki, under Matias. We can't quite decide on the skin yet, some of us like it, some of us don't, so we decided to ask the comunity to decide on it. Either way, I would like to thank you for the work you've done. One thing brought up was the fuzziness of the background picture, is there anything you can do to reduce that, it looks like that maybe its zoomed in or it was stretched or something. Matias is leaving on tuesday, so if you can leave a message on my Talk page. Thanks in advance. JayBO

Hey just noticed another little thing, our templates don't come out well in the skin, in example the Youmay template is impossible to read. I skimmed through the code and didn't know where to find that bit, is that our fault or does the skin create a lighter background? If you could help with this, making the template background a bit darker, a black or grey, I would much appreciate it. If you could add the edit on my css page so I can see the change it would be great aswell. Again thanks in advance, and I love all the blues on the theme. JayBO
Ok, I'm pretty much beta testing now... I have a little problem. I am currently using the theme under my own namespace css page, B/c of this the 2 faces on our main page overlap the Bioluminesence background. This wouldn't be a problem if the theme is set default but, I unchecked "Let the admins override my skin choice." and the faces disappear. Now when I have that disabled, the main page Poll extends into the column next to it, this isn't supposed to happen obviously. But this also was happening last night when we put the skin on the wiki to show it off, the same problem occurred. Matias has informed me that this happened with the older star night skin, and that Multimoog had to change something in the skin code to set it right. again sorry to keep bugging you, but your help is much appreciated. JayBO
By the time you read down this far, you probably already hate me. But on the "my Home" page in the activity feed, it is very hard to read the words "Section edited" and "Summary" and even harder to read farther down the page. If those could stand out a little better it would be perfect. and please don't hate me :) JayBO
Very nice, those fixes worked beautifully, thank you very much. for the templates, I didn't change anything and it is still quite hard to see. I myself couldn't find the color code. I didn't think it through that you wouldn't see the changes, sorry about that. JayBO
Ok, If I understand you right, its an error in coding in the template itself, I jumped to conclusions thinking it was all the templates that are similar, I checked, and they aren't. Thank you for the help, I'll be changing that template. {{SUBST:User:JayBO/signature}} 02:01, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
No problem this time, just trying something out, I wanted to see what the blue skin borders and links would look like on the original skin. with the stary background and solid box behind the text, with no transpanecy, I tried myself. but could only get the repeating background, I couldn't find the transparency code. The original background was:

and the text box background was color

• 0B0B0B

there were also 2 faces on the sides of the main page, but I don't need that now, and think I can insert that myself. I myself love the skin, but apparantly a little more than half like the original better, so I'm trying to make a comprimise. Thanks again for any help you can provide. JayBO

hopefully this is the last time I have to bug you, can you add tje fade effect like on the original picture to this one here people seem to be liking that more. Again, thanks http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User:JayBO JayBO]
Ok, this is just a thank you, for all the work you have done for me in the past week. JayBO

RE: Fixed width main page

Thanks of the offer, but I don't feel that the Fable wiki needs a fixed width. Personally, I feel that it's ugly and unnecessary. There's also some negative feedback in response to your offer on my talk page. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 12:53, February 3, 2010 (UTC)

Template Information Pulling

Is there a way I can make a page pull information from all the pages that have a category? For instance, I have 3 pages with the category Companion and I want a page, aka Page A, to list these in a row, and when I add another page in the category companion I would like for it to automatically be on page A. Is there a help document somewhere to show me the way? http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/User:Polexian

yo joe

hi i have been doing a lot of contributingto the darkfall wiki. I have noticed though that when i take care of broken pages tehy still remain on the page. I know this is due to the fact that the page needs to be rechached. I dont know if you can or will but i am asking for permission to do such a thing. Or just knowing that when it needs done i can tell you i guess. let me know what you think, thanks man.

ME Wiki sidebar

Hey JoePlay. I've been trying to update the MEWiki sidebar, but I've run into some issues with it. This is the format I've been trying to put it into, but it doesn't seem to be updating:

• mainpage
    • Characters|Characters
    • Alien Races
    • Classes
    • Screenshots|Screenshots
    • Timeline|Story Timeline
  • Mass Effect
    • Mass_Effect_Guide|Walkthroughs
    • ME_Assignments|Assignments
    • ME_Achievements|Achievements
    • ME Planets|Planets
  • Mass Effect 2
    • Mass_Effect_2 _Guide|Walkthroughs
    • ME2_Assignments|Assignments
    • ME2_Achievements|Achievements
    • ME2 Planets|Planets
  • Mass Effect Galaxy
  • Books
    • Mass Effect: Revelation|Revelation
    • Mass Effect: Ascension|Ascension
    • Mass Effect: Retribution|Retribution
  • Mass Effect Redemption
  • Mass Effect Wiki|Community
  • Mass Effect Wiki|Top Content
      1. popular#|most_popular
      2. visited#|Most visited
      3. voted#|highest_ratings
      4. newlychanged#|Newly changed
  • blogs-recent-url|blogs-recent-url-text

Any chance you can help us out? --Tullis 20:13, February 14, 2010 (UTC)

All wikia wikis have a cache, it'll take some time before you're changes are actually visible. Using Crtl+F5 may speed it up. — Balistic 21:23, February 14, 2010 (UTC)

Background Image

Hi Joe, I was wondering if you could set up that background image you mentioned before over at Fable Wiki. We've attempted it ourselves but were wondering if you could tidy it up. In particular, I like the way that God of War Wiki has a partially transparent text background so you can see the whole picture, it would be good if you could do something similar. For more info and to see the image we'd like to use, see my talk page and Michael's. Thanks. --Enodoc (Talk) (User Space) 19:53, February 17, 2010 (UTC)

Looks great, thanks! Just two things; could you try 75% transparency opacity (although this may be too much) and there's a strange dark band in line with the Fable Wiki logo that cuts across the picture; is there a way to get rid of it? Thanks. --Enodoc (Talk) (User Space) 11:13, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.