FANDOM

(Answers Idea)
(RE: WoWWiki plans: new section)
Line 314: Line 314:

:See [[w:c:wow.answers:User_talk:Grynd#Popular_Answered_questions]]. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Former WoWWiki Admin">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 8:59 AM PST 10 Dec 2010

:See [[w:c:wow.answers:User_talk:Grynd#Popular_Answered_questions]]. --&nbsp;[[User:Fandyllic|<span style="border-bottom:1px dotted; cursor:help;" title="Former WoWWiki Admin">Fandyllic</span>]]<small> ([[User talk:Fandyllic|talk]] &middot; [[Special:Contributions/Fandyllic|contr]])</small> 8:59 AM PST 10 Dec 2010
  +
  +
== RE: WoWWiki plans ==
  +
  +
Hi Fandyllic. First, let me apologize for this late reply. As manager of the Wikia Gaming category, I always have multiple things going on at once everyday, and I say that just to express that I have not been ignoring you, but I should have replied sooner. Now, on to WoWWiki discussion...
  +
  +
I saw that impressive list of suggestions you posted in the forum, so I would like to respond to those.
  +
:''Make sure WoWWiki has at least 1 full-time bureaucrat dedicated to the site, even if it has to staff or a paid volunteer. Preferrably someone who plays WoW, of course.''
  +
  +
This is exactly why we hired Raylan13, an active WoW player, to focus only on WoWWiki, primarily on the addition, organization and maintenance of Cataclysm articles.
  +
  +
:''Identify good admin candidates and promote them quickly. Don't cull them from other wikis, they will have split loyalties from the beginning.''
  +
  +
The act of us (Wikia) promoting good admin candidates on wikis that have no active admins is something we've done many times, but with the sensitive situation at WoWWiki, we want to be as hands-off as possible in this area. With so many people putting every action and every letter of every word made by anyone associated with Wikia under the most scrutinizing of microscopes, if we were to promote good editors to admins (who are interested in becoming one), there is a good chance that the anti-Wikia people would accuse us of hand picking who ''we'' want.
  +
  +
Now that you (a long-time member of the community) have realized that you were still a bureaucrat, I am hopeful that you will decide (if you haven't already) to help rebuild the team of admins, as well as the rest of the WoWWiki community. Of all the people currently contributing to the wiki, you are surely more familiar with the policies, guidelines and ins and outs of WoWWiki better than anyone.
  +
  +
:''Restart or re-create the WoWWiki:Welcoming Committee.''
  +
  +
This would be a great team to have, made up of active members of the community of course. I see that has been inactive for about 13 months and that you were the leader. Do you have any insights on how to restart this team, considering it became inactive while WoWWiki's community was thriving?
  +
  +
:''Create a Cataclysm task force with people assigned to each large area of the game that needs updating.''
  +
  +
Again, this is why Raylan13 was hired. Obviously, having a volunteer "task force" dedicated to Cataclysm articles would be ideal. The idea of giving out t-shirts (that say WoWWiki instead of Wikia) is something I have planned as part of another giveaway, but I agree that it would be a good idea for this purpose.
  +
  +
:''Restore tooltip popup functionality.''
  +
  +
Because it is an important feature to WoW players, I will definitely look into getting this restored if it's possible.
  +
  +
:''Direct Fanfic and RP folks to WoWRP.''
  +
  +
How was this handled in the past that is not being done now? Was it admins leaving a message on someone's talk page who had made a fanfic or RP edit? Until the wiki has a team of active admins, I think drawing attention to WoWRP could be done on places like the welcome message, Community Corner, WoWWiki about page, etc.
  +
  +
:''Work on better ties with Blizzard.''
  +
  +
We have a good relationship with Blizzard and will continue to work with them in any way we can. I plan to contact them about sponsoring a contest/giveaway as well.
  +
  +
Again, sorry for the late reply and the fact that I can't go into any more detail than I have. I do hope that you decide to help the remaining WoWWiki community leave recent events in the past and work toward a positive future. [[User:JoePlay|<b>JoePlay</b>]]<staff /> ([[User talk:JoePlay|<font size="1">talk</font>]]) 21:52, December 10, 2010 (UTC)

Revision as of 21:52, December 10, 2010

Please leave me a message here or my Templates User talk page. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 7:21 PM PST 29 Nov 2010

Fandyllic's talk page at Wikia Community

Hi (from music)

Hey, nice to see you visit the music wiki. I hope you'll stick around Anarchyuk(talk) 15:43, 2 April 2008 (UTC)

If I see any helpful templates or things at WoWWiki to migrate to the music wiki, I'll bring them over. Hopefully at some future point there can be nice boilerplates and even maybe fancy tooltips like WoWWiki has. --Fandyllic (talk · contr) 18:53, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
That sounds like an okay idea. I don't know if you got my reply on music, so i'll put it here also. We have the forum but its not that active. --Anarchyuk(talk) 15:02, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
Yup, I saw the message on music. --Fandyllic (talk · contr) 18:36, 8 April 2008 (UTC)

/wave

Not sure I'll remember to check this much if any, but at least I can still say hi. --Eirik Ratcatcher 00:58, November 6, 2009 (UTC)

I hope you can do good work on WoWWiki. It looks like the nitpicking exclusionists are taking over WoWWiki. Hopefully it won't drive too many people away. I think I've done more than my share to help out. I guess I quit because I could no longer "assume good faith" and was constantly assuming otherwise.
WoWWiki really started to go down hill when Kirkburn withdrew as an active admin (for the greater Wikia good, I suppose). People actually listened to him for some reason. Kaydeethree seems to have withdrawn as well. I think I was wishing that my long service would have garnered some respect, but I was wrong. I was just another user who happened to talk too much and make lots of edits. I lost my sense of community which was the only thing really keeping me coming back.
I was listening to this This American Life episode called "Frenemies" and it made me realize that's what many of the other admins were to me and I knew they weren't going to leave, so it had to be me. The "friend" wasn't really there and all that was left was the "enemy." That's not a good way to be. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 1:08 AM PST 6 Nov 2009
Not entirely a conscious decision on my part, but I accept it as a useful side effect, that by not being an admin, I don't look at admins as a group. Thus, I simply don't care if you're an admin if you're 'wrong'. :) Then again, I do get slapped down every now and then. My go-to-hell plan looks to Champions-online-wiki and eve-wiki.net for my wiki fix. --70.104.253.220 22:21, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Unfortunately, admins often get the idea they can delete and revert with impunity, because they are admins. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 10:36 PM PST 6 Nov 2009

Destination Truth Wiki

Help here is the specific wiki link http://destinationtruth.wikia.com/wiki/Destination_Truth_Wiki Santoschristianlouie21 11:33, April 17, 2010 (UTC)

Old threads

I noticed that you opened up some old threads that had been edited by EuBot, who was just replacing signatures. I'm just noting that they were, after all, old threads, with the last human editor from October and stuff last year. ;) The 888th Avatar (talk) 23:13, April 21, 2010 (UTC)

Yes, some people might accuse me of necroposting, but I personally think that if a thread is dead it should be deleted. Otherwise, it is fair game. Plus, I think necroposting is fine and the reasons against it are weak. I was not bumping. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 2:28 AM PST 22 Apr 2010

Need your aid (again)

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we'd hope that yo could help us again, at;

Thanks in advance! --Light Daxter | Talk 22:44, April 24, 2010 (UTC)

Goosebumps Wikia - RLStineFan

(I really don't know how this works.....)

I'm looking for it.

RLStineFan 22:10, June 6, 2010 (UTC)

Logo Trouble

I made it on Photoshop, but it won't go into png! Help!

Bara Magna 16:12, July 4, 2010 (UTC)

Please give me a link to your wiki and the image you uploaded. I can convert images to PNG and the correct Wikia logo size. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 9:20 AM PST 4 Jul 2010
Wiki Magna
oh, and It's not on the Wiki. I can't send it to you, but could you make one out of the existing logo and add WIKI MAGNA WIKI on the front, thanks.
{{SUBST:BMSIG}} 16:24, July 4, 2010 (UTC)
Okay. In the future please put logo requests at request a logo. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 9:44 AM PST 4 Jul 2010

Blogger?

Getting together with a few other bloggers and start a commenting group. We all agree to comment on each others blogs and this will help to maitain a level of minimum comment activity on your blog.

Eridge1 23:39, July 9, 2010 (UTC)eridge1

The New Empire

I'm not really a blogger, so I'm not sure what this means. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 6:04 PM PST 9 Jul 2010

RE:Borders around images

I needed Community Central help, not Pcj's Smugness that he gives because he thinks he "Is the one all should bow to because he does know a lot about coding" - I quit helping on WoWWiki because of his attitude there, I did NOT know I was going to get it here as well, when I asked for help with a problem that is not on WoWWiki. -- Jrooksjr aka M o r p h | C | T/D/W 632 contributions and counting. 11:09, July 10, 2010 (UTC)

Well, Pcj is Pcj. He's improved alot, but he'll never be mister friendly. He's blunt, but he does help. He's helped alot at the Community Central Forum, so I give him credit for that.
I stopped contributing at WoWWiki mostly over the Rolandius thing, but it wasn't just Pcj. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 7:54 AM PST 10 Jul 2010

Thank you

Thank you very much for your help on the Japanese language template :) BLUER一番 20:33, July 18, 2010 (UTC)

Inactive Wiki Task Force

Hello,

After reading and participating in the discussion that I started on the forums here, and considering a lot of ideas given by various people there, I have started a full wiki group for the Inactive Wiki Task Force (IWTF) at http://iwtf.wikia.com. If you're still interested, please read the various pages and sign up there.

--DustKateb (Talk to Me!) 03:01, July 27, 2010 (UTC)

Nevermind about the last message. Uberfuzzy left a notice on the forums about why we shouldn't continue with this. Read here. --DustKateb (Talk to Me!) 03:08, July 27, 2010 (UTC)

zh

我不明白你的意思。--航海小子 08:23, August 9, 2010 (UTC)

当你犯了一个模板,你给它一个名字,告诉它做什么,而不只是“模板”。
如果你想机管局模板,使一个信息框,你通常称之为“的条件”。
你需要复制w:c:onepiece:Template:Arabastaw:c:zh.onepiece:Template:Arabasta w:c:zh.onepiece:Template:Template的工作。
原谅我的中文写作。我使用的[http:translate.google.com Google Translate]。
-- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 8:22 AM PST 9 Aug 2010

Autopedia Logoe

Well. So far you first logo didn't work out... I'm hoping you could do another one that could work. thanks! :) --Knightrez Ferrari TALK CONTRIBUTIONS

To request a different one will be a little harder. Do you have any ideas? --Knightrez(Talk) 17:15, August 13, 2010 (UTC)
Well, I'm waiting. Are you doing anything? --Knightrez(Talk) 18:33, August 14, 2010 (UTC)

well they have not sent me a email yet

i dont realy know , they did not send me a email . Happy65 . Read My Page Here

Blog comment flood

Fandyllic, I understand that you are interested in the fine details, but we aren't prepared to talk about those until we get further along. We are currently doing internal testing, in advance of the Beta testing, which means there are daily adjustments going on right now. You and others have asked us in the past to be more communicative and to give information as early as possible, so that's what we are doing in giving you the image now rather than waiting for details to be firm. You have made your point on the blog, so now I ask that you move on and stop flooding the post with comments. Thank you. -- sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 01:15, August 19, 2010 (UTC)
p.s. your comment to Alison22000 was not acceptable. Please keep it civil. Thanks. -- s.

deletion

The above comment wouldn't have pissed me off, but this would. --◄mendel► 18:44, August 20, 2010 (UTC)

I requested it, since some people considered it just a rant. So, I'm not pissed off. I am a little surprised at how quickly Uberfuzzy deleted it, though. He usually takes alot longer to delete stuff. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 1:14 PM PST 20 Aug 2010
Ah, ok then. We use "user request" as edit summary on deletions like that. --◄mendel► 21:24, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
True, but Uberfuzzy also forgets to sign alot of his posts. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 8:06 PM PST 20 Aug 2010

Fringe Wiki

Hey there. You said that it was good as I became Admin, and you Bureaucrat. It's a good idea, and if you wanna discuss we me about chnaging user rights, then it's alright. So do you wanna being Bureaucrat? Also I don't we see Balistic Pve back on Fringe Wiki. We can ask him, but I'm sure he doesn't react. I've done it once, but it didn't work.--Station7 08:05, August 30, 2010 (UTC)

Sam McPherson is online on Lostpedia, but I know the Lostpedia Sysops, and he isn't really a one who react back. Nothing against the man, but it's the truth.--Station7 19:20, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
He hasn't been anymore online on Lostpedia since 9 August 2010.--Station7 19:31, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Okay. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 12:42 PM PST 30 Aug 2010
I have Balistic Pve contacted here. If he doesn't react, I think we will have the rights. And he can't lie that he is there online, because he isn't. So I hope it works.--Station7 20:38, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
We shall see. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 1:49 PM PST 30 Aug 2010
You will see what I'm doing. You're too Administrator.--Station7 09:40, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
My account doesn't work today on Fringe Wiki. Normally it does. See you hopefully tommrow there.--Station7 16:56, September 5, 2010 (UTC)

answers:

You know, your message at Forum:Is WikiAnswers abandoned? made me grin wryly, in a "thought so" sort of way. For an active wiki, the bureaucrats have really failed to build an active community with staying power - which seems to attest to my criticism in this regard. But maybe that's wishful thinking and there are other reasons, e.g. the staff and helpers that usually administrate answers: being busy to adminstrate Oasis (and the forks) everyplace else. --◄mendel► 19:08, November 8, 2010 (UTC)

Answers is one of the many casualties of the new skin. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 12:18 PM PST 8 Nov 2010
It doesn't have Oasis yet. Or is it because the answers widget is now missing from the wikis? --◄mendel► 21:59, November 8, 2010 (UTC)
I think all the answers wikis are still based on Monaco. The answers widget was killed long before the new skin was announced. There are actually at least 2 variations of the answers skin. The sub-answers wikis are different from the main answers wiki. Kind of a mess actually. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 5:15 PM PST 8 Nov 2010
I know all that. (UnAnswers is also running the monaco-based skin, but another answers wiki I have from time to time frequented does not.) What I don't know is how Wikianswers is a casualty of Oasis. --◄mendel► 00:25, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
Wikia staff are focusing so much time on migrating the regular wikis to Oasis they never put time in to fix the many issues with the answers wikis. They also have basically pretended that the new look is going to unify the experience of Wikia wikis when it can't until the answers wikis have been migrated as well. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 5:28 PM PST 8 Nov 2010
Ah, ok. Thanks for confirming. --◄mendel► 11:47, November 9, 2010 (UTC)

Forum message on special:contact

This edit was out of line. You may be angry with Wikia, but Brandon should not have to put up with that sort of attack. I've no objection to giving more numbers for our turnaround times on email, but if you are calling Brandon's comment "propaganda" then I suspect you would doubt any figures I give. I'm not asking you to be happy with Wikia, but I do ask that you keep it civil, and that you consider removing your attack on Brandon's integrity on the forum. Thank you -- Sannse@fandom (help forum | blog) 05:24, November 26, 2010 (UTC)

What you call an attack, I call "the truth" as I see it. Unless he has some evidence to back up what he says, it is merely a claim. I will not remove that statement. I also consider your suggestion a form of censorship.
If you want to defend his claims in a legitimate fashion, present some statistics. Otherwise, I stand by my description of his claims as propaganda. There was nothing uncivil about my statement.
Your reaction tends to make me think the overall negative reaction by the Community Central forum's community has caused you to become overly sensitive to criticism. To that I say, "toughen up." Wikia is a business. If you want everyone to play nice, go work for a non-profit. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 11:31 PM PST 25 Nov 2010
Actually, it's the other way around: if you call it propaganda, you better cite some facts that you base this opinion on, or retract it. --◄mendel► 13:10, November 26, 2010 (UTC)
Sorry, Mendel... try reading the Propaganda article at Wikipedia. I'm part of the community. Not part of the group of authority or the bureaucracy. What I say is merely a "claim" or assertion. Also, my statement is a response to Brandon's. Nice try, though. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 10:13 AM PST 26 Nov 2010
I fully support you, Fandyllic, on this. Calling Brandon statements as propaganda can't be considered an attack on Brandon's integrity. Special:Contact responses haven't an average of 24h for me neither, and If you need I can upload lots of screenshots from mails about them showing their response times. --Ciencia Al Poder (talk) -WikiDex 18:31, November 26, 2010 (UTC)

Sorry to bother you :(

I'm trying to create a comprehensive wiki database for the Ju-On series: it's American and Japanese Films, cast, crew, characters, ghosts, locations and the video game.

I want an awesome background to compliment it which i need the code for to paste in the MediaWiki; Common CSS.

Here's the image i've consired to act as a repeat for the wiki :)

Movies the grudge-10841

Could You Please, please provide the code for this image? :)

or just apply it as the background for the wiki itself? thanks

Amanda Young 02:06, November 30, 2010 (UTC)

Please give me a link to your wiki. I can't even experiment without that. Also, you would want to edit MediaWiki:Wikia.css and not MediaWiki:Common.css.
I can't apply it for you. I suggest you contact Sannse as she has volunteered to help with these kind of things and has the power to "just do it". You could also ask for help at Forum:Community Central Forum.-- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 7:13 PM PST 29 Nov 2010

Oh, and one more thing :)

Could you please tell me to upload a logo for the wiki.

The new wikia just applies a title logo with different colour depending upon basic background.

Could you tell me how to apply an image as the logo?

Amanda Young 02:09, November 30, 2010 (UTC)

Make a request at Request a Logo. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 7:13 PM PST 29 Nov 2010

:)

Amanda Young 02:45, November 30, 2010 (UTC)

I'm so sorry for not replying sooner computer problems and other difficulties :(

Thanks alot for replying the problem is the Grudge wiki is suffering some major creation problems :0!

However i have succesfully put up another horror wiki that be great if you could please help with :).

http://hostel.wikia.com/wiki/Hostel_Wiki

that's the link for the Hostel Film Wiki i'm working while the Grudge is fixed :)

here's the image im pondering for background :) could you please add it as the background?

File:Hostel chair-300x241.jpg

Amanda YoungAmanda Young 02:45, November 30, 2010 (UTC)

Kind of yucky. Do you have a bigger version? Only admins at Hostel wiki can put int he background, but I will give your instructions. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 12:38 PM PST 30 Nov 2010

Is This Better? and Instructions would be great thanks so much :)

I think this is a bigger variation of the image

File:Hostel chair.jpg

Alright I'm im in the MediaWiki: Wikia.css

It says create/

Do i have to paste the code of the image like on the original wiki format?

Could you please tell me what to do to?

Amanda Young 09:00, December 1, 2010 (UTC)

I found a slightly bigger image that I'm going to work on in photoshop so it will tile better. Then I'll upload it to your wiki and give instructions. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 9:33 AM PST 1 Dec 2010

Yep :)

When you've photoshopped it and applied it to the wiki message me the instructions :)

Thank you so much

Amanda Young 05:12, December 2, 2010 (UTC)

Watch c:logocreation:Forum:Hostel_Wiki/Theme at Logo Creation wiki for instructions. Sannse might be helping you, if I don't. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 8:08 AM PST 2 Dec 2010

User; Fandylloc Hostel Wiki CSS :)

Hey i've seen youve already began a page to put a background Is it working and do i need to help? :)

message me back as soon as you can thanks :)

Amanda Young 05:19, December 2, 2010 (UTC)

I will leave you a message on Hostel wiki when I'm finished testing. I haven't quite figured out how to get the background to show up all the places it should, but I'm close. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 8:08 AM PST 2 Dec 2010

Thanks so much! only two things to go":)

The tile has been added as the background now all i need is a logo and appealing main page :)

could you please help with these two things i've requested the logo at Logo Creation wiki but how do i apply it to the wiki?

and could you make a good main page for me which would feature for example Character boxes leading to the articles :)?

A Featured Elite (killer from the primary antagonist organization of the series) Featured User?

Please, thank you so much for so far :)
Amanda Young 05:21, December 3, 2010 (UTC)

I will put instructions at your Logo Creation wiki request for how to apply your logo, but you'll need to design your main page yourself. Maybe if you have a clear idea of what you want on your main page, but don't know how to make it happen, someone will help you at Forum:Community Central Forum, if you ask nicely. You may also want to ask how to fix your signature which seems to duplicate itself (probably something to do with how it is setup in your preferences). -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 10:52 PM PST 2 Dec 2010
Thanks :) i've already put out a forum nicely asking for hekp in doing a main page which looks like the Saw Films Wiki:) and yes my signature is being repetive because of preferences i'll have to fix that soon, Could you please leave me the instructions to apply the logo now please because in a short while i wont have time by this night to apply the logo to my wiki :)
Amanda Young 06:59, December 3, 2010 (UTC)Amanda YoungAmanda Young 06:59, December 3, 2010 (UTC)

Well i've only applied the Hostel Wiki tiled background so i can see where's the main CSS so everyone can see it permanent?

Also how do turn off the Rich Text Editor so i can do the sophisticated wiki work?

Thanks for replying to that forum by the way :)

Amanda Young 01:20, December 4, 2010 (UTC)

Go to Special:Preferences, click the "Editing" tab, uncheck "Enable Rich Text Editing", and click the Save button. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 6:26 PM PST 3 Dec 2010

Coding

Thank for the help!--TechnobliteratorTechno's Talk 21:58, December 7, 2010 (UTC)

Also, would you mind checking out the main infobox to see if there's any errors?--TechnobliteratorTechno's Talk 22:06, December 7, 2010 (UTC)

See my feedback on the Infobox captain talk page. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 2:22 PM PST 7 Dec 2010
Thanks, done but Images is broken somehow when I edited it?--TechnobliteratorTechno's Talk 18:44, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
sorry but i'm REALLY panicking about this atm :( no clue what happened at all--TechnobliteratorTechno's Talk 18:58, December 8, 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, you messed it up pretty good. Try not to make random changes without knowing what affect they will have. The original template was made a certain way for good reasons. No harm, no foul. It should work now. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 11:20 AM PST 8 Dec 2010
Thanks :) an lol I'm still learning--TechnobliteratorTechno's Talk 19:59, December 8, 2010 (UTC)

Answers Idea

<w:c:wow.answers:User_talk:Grynd
There's not been too many questions for one person to handle, so it's no problem :) However, right now I'm seeing the same 2 or 3 questions asked over and over. I'm thinking about the possibility of having a "popular questions" category, from which a few questions be shown on the main page. I know it's possible with coding but I am lost, can you make it happen? :) --Grynd (talk) 06:20, December 10, 2010 (UTC)
See w:c:wow.answers:User_talk:Grynd#Popular_Answered_questions. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 8:59 AM PST 10 Dec 2010

RE: WoWWiki plans

Hi Fandyllic. First, let me apologize for this late reply. As manager of the Wikia Gaming category, I always have multiple things going on at once everyday, and I say that just to express that I have not been ignoring you, but I should have replied sooner. Now, on to WoWWiki discussion...

I saw that impressive list of suggestions you posted in the forum, so I would like to respond to those.

Make sure WoWWiki has at least 1 full-time bureaucrat dedicated to the site, even if it has to staff or a paid volunteer. Preferrably someone who plays WoW, of course.

This is exactly why we hired Raylan13, an active WoW player, to focus only on WoWWiki, primarily on the addition, organization and maintenance of Cataclysm articles.

Identify good admin candidates and promote them quickly. Don't cull them from other wikis, they will have split loyalties from the beginning.

The act of us (Wikia) promoting good admin candidates on wikis that have no active admins is something we've done many times, but with the sensitive situation at WoWWiki, we want to be as hands-off as possible in this area. With so many people putting every action and every letter of every word made by anyone associated with Wikia under the most scrutinizing of microscopes, if we were to promote good editors to admins (who are interested in becoming one), there is a good chance that the anti-Wikia people would accuse us of hand picking who we want.

Now that you (a long-time member of the community) have realized that you were still a bureaucrat, I am hopeful that you will decide (if you haven't already) to help rebuild the team of admins, as well as the rest of the WoWWiki community. Of all the people currently contributing to the wiki, you are surely more familiar with the policies, guidelines and ins and outs of WoWWiki better than anyone.

Restart or re-create the WoWWiki:Welcoming Committee.

This would be a great team to have, made up of active members of the community of course. I see that has been inactive for about 13 months and that you were the leader. Do you have any insights on how to restart this team, considering it became inactive while WoWWiki's community was thriving?

Create a Cataclysm task force with people assigned to each large area of the game that needs updating.

Again, this is why Raylan13 was hired. Obviously, having a volunteer "task force" dedicated to Cataclysm articles would be ideal. The idea of giving out t-shirts (that say WoWWiki instead of Wikia) is something I have planned as part of another giveaway, but I agree that it would be a good idea for this purpose.

Restore tooltip popup functionality.

Because it is an important feature to WoW players, I will definitely look into getting this restored if it's possible.

Direct Fanfic and RP folks to WoWRP.

How was this handled in the past that is not being done now? Was it admins leaving a message on someone's talk page who had made a fanfic or RP edit? Until the wiki has a team of active admins, I think drawing attention to WoWRP could be done on places like the welcome message, Community Corner, WoWWiki about page, etc.

Work on better ties with Blizzard.

We have a good relationship with Blizzard and will continue to work with them in any way we can. I plan to contact them about sponsoring a contest/giveaway as well.

Again, sorry for the late reply and the fact that I can't go into any more detail than I have. I do hope that you decide to help the remaining WoWWiki community leave recent events in the past and work toward a positive future. JoePlay@fandom (talk) 21:52, December 10, 2010 (UTC)

Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.