FANDOM

This Forum has been archived

Visit the new Forums
Forums: Index Community Central Forum Small font not working?
FANDOM's forums are a place for the community to help other members.
To contact staff directly or to report bugs, please use Special:Contact.

50px-Replacement filing cabinet.svg

Note: This topic has been unedited for 3325 days. It is considered archived - the discussion is over. Do not add to unless it really needs a response.

Hello Wikia-ers. Apparently, I was working on some templates when I noticed some fonts were normal-sized instead of small-fonted. What I mean is the coding for small (<small></small>) is not working in this wiki. You can find an example here: Template:Unsigned. The template is exactly copied from one of the wiki. The entire thing should be smaller.

I'm not sure if it's just me or the entire wiki or globally. Yes, I am viewing my page in 100% zoom level. I checked.... ten times.

I may report this to Wikia, or if someone did that already (if it's affecting you too). I'm not entirely sure if forums with the same topic are being discussed right now.

Ooh, I normally look through Templates wiki (I find that wiki very helpful). Their Template:Unsigned seems normal-fonted too (they have <small></small>).

Test, not small fonted? Should be....

Bermuda Contact Me! 04:16, April 14, 2011 (UTC)

This text must have font-size:small, but Wikia parses it with font-size:normal. SiPlus 04:33, April 14, 2011 (UTC)

Hmm, I'm not sure what that means (I'm still learning <:D). I just want to know how did that turn out normal. :) Bermuda Contact Me! 04:38, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
Wikia parced small into normal font sizes. Add small { font-size: 88%; } to Wikia.css on your wiki. (Adjust to likeness) Rappy 05:46, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
Or use <span style="font-size:smaller;"></span> instead. The 888th Avatar (talk) 06:03, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
Another CSS snafu, likely related to the diff problem. Should clear itself up soon.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  15:14,4/14/2011 
It's usually better to use style="font-size:85%;" (or some other percentage) than style="font-size:small;" unless you want your browser to pick the size difference. -- Fandyllic (talk · contr) 14 Apr 2011 6:22 PM Pacific
I'm having the same problem too. Has anyone reported this to the staffs?  Finchelfanno1 (talk / contribs)|09:43, April 15, 2011 (UTC) 
Same problem here too .Roranoa zoro Talk 09:49, April 15, 2011 (UTC)
This is not a new issue. Since Oasis released in October of last year, <small> tags have been font-size:100%. Don't ask me why, but that's what they did. You have to define small in CSS like I advised above with small { font-size: 85%; }. Rappy 09:59, April 15, 2011 (UTC)
<small> tags work fine for me on my Mac, and always have. They were working on my PC as well, but stopped recently.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  12:12,4/15/2011 
Small tags have been working (on PC) until recently. The proof of this is Monchoman45's sig: it uses such tags and only got bigger a few days ago... and because I copied it, mine did as well -->    ǝsʞpɐןǝ  (message wall)  12:29, 15/04/2011
Yeah it used to work for me too but stopped recently. My sig also uses the small tag in all wikis, but it doesn't work.  Finchelfanno1 (talk / contribs)|14:38, April 15, 2011 (UTC) 

(reset indent) Apparently I was wrong. I remember when Oasis came out I had to add the small coding to CSS. They must have added base coding to it somewhere along the way and I never noticed. Rappy 17:25, April 15, 2011 (UTC)

This issue has been properly ticketed by our staff and is being looked at by our techies. --daNASCAT WikiaStaff.png (help forum | blog) 17:57, April 15, 2011 (UTC)
So you guys are definitely fixing it then? It's screwed up a lot of things on my wiki?--Soul reaper 12:47, April 18, 2011 (UTC)
No, they're looking in to fixing it. That doesn't mean it will be fixed. If you want it to work again, you should add small {font-size:85%;} to your CSS, which will fix it regardless of what Wikia does.  Monchoman45  Talk  Contribs  Skystone  13:26,4/18/2011 
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.