ListsAdd your wiki to the list, make sure you have the community's agreement Make SURE that you are an administrator of the wiki.
For a list of Wikis that have finished moving with their links, see: Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance/linkdatabase
- Dofus Brazil (Pending, if no users responses, we change)
- Dead Rising wait and see
- Pikipedia (moved to www.pikminwiki.com)
- Pikcanon-NOT (moved to fanon.pikminwiki.com)
- PvXWiki (Pending, prepping for the leave, probably going to Curse)
- Runescape Classic Wiki (Pending)
- Reborn Wiki (Pending )
- Talisman Online Wiki
- Tractor and Construction Plant Wiki (Pending - If no user response Founder to create a Fork)
100 - 1000 pages
- Nerfipedia (not leaving, just rebelling)
- Pokemonfakemon Wiki
- Patapedia (Pending) - We need a majority rule to be in effect first.
50 - 100 pages
- NCIS Wiki (Not Moving, but created as a Safe Haven for NCIS Fans who want to leave Wikia. Located here.)
Anti-Wikia Alliance editors
Add your username to the list if you are leaving Wikia due to the new "Wikia" skin
- Smiley12 - Founder
- ☆The Solar Dragon☆ - Whether it is with the wikis I edit on or not, I will be gone by the end of October.
- BulldozerD11 - The Forced adoption of the new skin is just the latest in a number of changes that effect small wikis that include been sidelined by the new Portal hubs, The inability to add license info in the 'improved' gallery upload, The shift to social site, Blogs etc. I joined to create an encyclopaedia based sited.
- I-20 (currently moving founded wikis off-Wikia)
- Cobweb - Oh, definitely! I'm taking my wiki with me, too.
- Randomtime - Due to the nonfree Terms of Service change
- Lookerisawesome - I think it's BS and stupid. MAJORITY RULES, last time I checked >:@
- Kyle123197 - Hated the skin from the second I saw it.
- TulipVorlax - Not because of the skin though. It's sad because i was in the process of becomming a french helper and now that won't happen. Sorry Wikia.
- ~Mrepic~Talk to me 20:49, October 3, 2010 (UTC) 16:33, October 3, 2010 (UTC) - It's time we make a stand. I have two wikis. I'm bringing my new one off wikia, but my other one, the one I hate, I'm cluttering up to give wikia a piece of my mind! Stop Oasis! bring down the wikia empire!
- Biggest GTA Fan EverTalk
- Sandflyer83 - That's it, I'm leaving.
- [Sheepman] - FIGHTTHEPOWER!
- B14 - Against the tyranny.
- Kanzler31 - Oasis is just a piece of ****. WIKI PATRIOTS!
- KingH10, CPFW - KingH10 don't want new skin. WAAAAAA!!!!
- GregoryKohs - It's time Jimmy Wales was exposed for what he is -- a crowdsourcing predator.
- -- Triskelle3 Speak up! 20:01, October 4, 2010 (UTC) - Dear Wikia:
Go salaí na gráinneoga cealgrúnacha do chuid calóga arbhair.
In English, that means "May the malevolent hedgehogs soil your cornflakes".
- I am sorry wikia, this is just a bad idea. --GOOD BYE WIKIA! |Fail Wikia, Monaco PWNS!
- LumpAss78 20:18, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- The worstest skin ever Wikia. -- PK2PK2 19:34, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, the wiki I edit on, the Club Penguin Wiki, is moving, so I guess I'm moving with it. --Think OUTSIDE the box! STAFF PIZZA! HA! 00:42, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Because of the new TOS and for thousands of other reasons (Wikia knows all of them from my bugreports). ~ Edward Chernenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>MediaWikiDumper 06:04, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Editors that hate the Oasis/Wikia skin but are not leaving
Loyal to Wikia? Don't want to move? Add your username if you hate the new skin
- Airhogs777 - Co-Founder
- TVthePunisher - I'm up in the air about this, as is Bleach Wiki on the matter. We may or may not be moving, we'll update with a final decision after we go through a proper, full discussion on the matter.
- Unregistered Contributor~aka~X~ I don't know if I'm leaving. I think I'll just see how it pans out. I would like to sing a song respecting the wonderful staff for listening to us, so here's the link .
- Legoace342 - I' half leaving. MLN Wiki is leaving but other wikis I'm on aren't.
- Godisme- I will be doing whatever Bleach wiki does. If we move, I am leaving wikia, if not I will stay with it
- TheDevilHand888 - Same as other Bleach Wiki members.
- Thebrains222 - Wikia are throwing so much away with the new skin.
- GTAAAF - I will protect Monaco, until his death :'(
- Ciencia Al Poder - Still not sure what to do.
- Courtney~Duncan~TDA - I'm definetely not abandoning wiki for a motive like this, but I want the monaco skin to be at least a choice.
- Misstditylerfan - Agreed with Courtney~Duncan~TDA.
- Kingcjc - depends on the wiki. If some I work on vote to stay, and some leave, I work on them leaving.
- TDobsessed88- I agree with Courtney~Duncan~TDA
- Lssj4 - I l agree with courtney.I just cant take this anymore the look isnt here yet but once it is there will be A ALLAINCE!
- Misiek95 – I'm not sure, so now here.
- Mackmoron11 - I might be leaving, but for now I'm staying at Wikia...
- JacktheBlack- right now I'm seeing what my fellow admins think and fell on this issue
- Chessmaster - What is there to like about Oasis? Template:Signatures/Chessmaster 18:27, October 2, 2010 (UTC)
- TheSlicer - I'm usually not one to participate in petitions, but I'm so infuriated by the new skin that I hardly care anymore.
- Some Color Mage: Whether or not I completely leave Wikia is dependent on the decision of the Final Fantasy Wiki.
- nh.jg - When the Monaco skin came out back in 2008, there used to be negative comments surrounding the change. I, for one, happened to appreciate the transition to Monaco ever since, but now that Wikia has decided to adopt another skin to replace Monaco, the same trend of feedback has happened again only this time I am part of those people opposing such transition to the new skin.
- SubAqua I don't understand why the staff isn't listening to those who keep the community running. It's like they're trying to force us to accept this, even though that should be impossible, since we are herre of our own free will.
- TurtleShroom - I'd only take fleeing as a last resort, but I despise the stupidity of the Staff and will gladly leave if I MUST.
- Blackworm - Why couldn't this have been simply optional? I just don't get it. Why do the other skins need to be deleted? Utterly humiliating and utterly pointless...
- Scarbrow - Still considering the final flee, but decidedly hate both Oasis's design and forcedness.
- Iamred1 - I just can go.
- Urai Fen - I'm Wikia Helper, but I hate oasis too.
- DelNorte - Oasis is crap.
- JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?"Fight with me brothers and sisters of the wiking world! If The Vault and Resistance go, then I go.
- Tails6000 11:51, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not going to leave, because my home wiki of Zeldapedia is not moving, but I seriously hate the skin and doubt I will continue to edit anyhow. Wikia, you are MORONS. -Stars talk 16:14, October 6, 2010 (UTC)
Users/Wikis Staying at Wikia but Support the ones Leaving
- Ghostbusters Wiki will support original editors, and therefore if we link to you at wikia, and you move, the link changes. Like Transformers Wiki.
- Roleplaying Adventures Wiki: we have decided to stay at Wikia at least for the time being. We hate the Oasis skin, and may reconsider if/when Oasis is implemented and if we find it unbearable. We fully support those who are walking.
Users who enjoy the new layout
- BTW, this page looks very nice on the new layout. :) --Callofduty4 18:30, October 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe try something like min-width:800px on the blue bg divs? Nayayen—TALK 00:42, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not that bad, you get used to it. After using it for around a month, I find it hard to go back to Monaco whenever I need to get on my Bot account for some reason or another. Zamorak 02:59, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Useful External Links
- MediaWiki (the free software that Wikia, Wikimedia, ShoutWiki and others use for wiki websites, useful if you have the tech skills to go full indepedant.)
- ShoutWiki (a free wiki provider.)
- Referata (An Ad-Free wiki hosting provider with customization options)
- Wikkii (A free wiki provider with advanced hosting options.)
- NIWA - Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance: A growing network of independently hosted and operated Nintendo Wikis working together to support each other and anyone else who they can help. Even if you are not a Nintendo Wiki, NIWA can still try to help you, though Membership is limited to Nintendo Wikis only.
- Encyc, a free wiki repository for pages