This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I am trying to accomplish two things:
- Create a link which can be placed anywhere which, when clicked, will change the Wikia skin to Monobook for any registered user.
- Create a link added to Mediawiki:Sitenotice (or the Wikia skin equivalent) which allows any user to view the page they are on in monobook.
The radio button to change this option is now buried at preferences >>skins.
Here is the coding:
For Wikia skin:
- <input type="radio" value="oasis" id="wpSkinoasis" name="wpSkin"/><label for="wpSkinoasis">New Wikia Look</label>
For Monobook skin:
- <input type="radio" value="monobook" id="wpSkinmonobook" name="wpSkin" checked="checked"/><label for="wpSkinmonobook">MonoBook</label>
I need to add:
value="monobook" id="wpSkinmonobook" name="wpSkin"
to a URL.
I think it can be done, but I am not sure what part of Manual:Parameters to index.php I should use.
view any page in monobook
Will change any page it is on into monobook. Try it:
1. What is the Wikia skin equivalent of MediaWiki:Sitenotice?
2. If I add the url to MediaWiki:Sitenotice any editor who clicks the link can see MediaWiki:Sitenotice as a monobook NOT the page that this sitenotice is on. What can I do? I am trying all of the Magic words now
Another option is a floating box, similar to this:
This box will stay attached to any corner a creator wishes.
Thank you in advance. Anno1404 13:46, November 5, 2010 (UTC)