This is making me lose my mind. I'm trying to update a fairly complex template on the one piece wiki, Template:Char_Box (ignore this for now) with a version more mobile-friendly: Template:Test_infobox (ignore this for now). Now let's assume that my Template:Test_infobox is working, and indeed it is on pages like Nojiko or Nami, however the "test" version won't display the images on some other pages. After some testing, I discovered what causes that, but I cannot understand even how is that possible:
- Using simply the template infobox will correctly display the images like this: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/User:Leviathan_89/Sandbox?oldid=1747955
- Now, if I add 7 template "Qref" in the template infos, everything still works correctly: https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/User:Leviathan_89/Sandbox?oldid=1747956 ; Template:Qref is another fairly complex template that is used to add references. Let's assume that is working, and indeed it works fine everywhere.
- The weird stuff begins now: if I add 8 Qrefs, like https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/User:Leviathan_89/Sandbox?oldid=1747958 , everything still works but the template won't show the images in the preview of the page you try to edit it.
- However, if I use 9 or more Qrefs, like https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/User:Leviathan_89/Sandbox?oldid=1747959, the infobox won't show the images anymore.
- Given the previous point, I thought that maybe I crossed some template limit, however I don't see any of such indication in the page source. And even weirder, if I add a second copy of the infobox, with all the qrefs too, the second template will now work! https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/User:Leviathan_89/Sandbox?oldid=1747961
I'm not expecting anyone to debug Template:Test_infobox or Template:Qref since they are quite complex, but does anyone have any hints on what I should look for? Because I cannot make sense of these examples. If there was some incompatibility between the template, I would simply expect them to not work together. And if either of them had some issues, I would expect it to not work. I don't know what kind of issue could cause all of this.