I have made lyric templates but I still need to tweak them, they were created for those who don't know how to edit using the 'table method', which means creating a table and placing one set of lyrics on top and another on the bottom. The templates are using the "wrap" coding. I wasn't planning on using PRE or BR unless it is necessary. For example, Lyrics Wikia, romaji lyrics.
It looks nice, but I never figured out how Lyrics Wikia presents their lyrics, either by MediaWiki or special request coding. So I wanted to know if I should just use the POEM code, but I've noticed that there is some kind of hesitation to use it when it comes to song lyrics. I have seen no other wiki using <LYRICS> or <POEM> to present lyrics.
Here is the first template, which is simply for one set of lyrics, commonly English, but soon also, Spanish. The other two templates are for two sets of lyrics. Meaning the left side is for the original language, while the right side is for the Romanized version. Due to the table being used and the warp coding the issues have been: the lyrics being pushed down from the header, lyric spacing, and when you copy the lyrics (to your notepad for example) it ends up being one line of lyrics rather than how it is presented on the page, the words stacked on top of one another.
Experiment with both templates